The wim Lotus blog

Tony

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't open the doors once in, so forward, backward or on the roof makes no difference.

No the difference is you can align yourself easier in using the side mirrors you will know if you are central before getting out and pushing it back straight

I can't open the doors once in, so forward, backward or on the roof makes no difference.

No the difference is you can align yourself easier in using the side mirrors you will know if you are central before getting out and pushing it back straight

exactly what i meant :D

As a heads up for you Lotus Esprit owners, whilst getting in the car avoid the corner of the door or you will end up with one of these......

post-2-1285354694.jpg

Kin hurts i might add......Poxy door.

Do you mind, I'm eating :huh:

"Ouch!"

So what are your thoughts on the concept Esprit? Supercharged 5ltr V8 out of the IS-F sounds like a decent enough powerplant............

Espirit.jpg

Have to say out of the 5 models the Elan looks the most interesting:

Elan-new.jpg

Not sure why they all look almost identical though :o

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly lost it big time.......

Road condition = damp

My position = approaching a dual carriageway on the slip road, 2nd gear, checked the mirror and can see traffic approaching, decided to gun it and the rear tyres just spun and through me sideways..... I panicked for a second and she straightened up again, then i booted it.

Caught me out because in my little head there was no reason to be cautious, i was wrong....... These RWD turbo Jobie's need some thought when it comes to a traction argument so it seems..... :lol:

Nearly lost it big time.......

Road condition = damp

My position = approaching a dual carriageway on the slip road, 2nd gear, checked the mirror and can see traffic approaching, decided to gun it and the rear tyres just spun and through me sideways..... I panicked for a second and she straightened up again, then i booted it.

Caught me out because in my little head there was no reason to be cautious, i was wrong....... These RWD turbo Jobie's need some thought when it comes to a traction argument so it seems..... :lol:

Probably doesn't weigh that much either so the back end is going to be a bit skittish, especially if the road is a little wet.

Project leather

Since the car has been totally and absolutely beautifully detailed by http://www.invisibletouchdetailing.co.uk/ my only mission this weekend was the interior...

First up lets look at the little lady in her nest

post-2-1287343260.jpg

And then how tight she needs to pull her knickers in

post-2-1287343412.jpg

post-2-1287343429.jpg

post-2-1287343477.jpg

Back on project, the drivers seat is dirty despite my work environment, embarrassingly here are the images

Before

post-2-1287343722.jpg

My dog Honey was as interested as ever

post-2-1287344035.jpg

And seemingly enjoyed a good fart on the seat

post-2-1287344117.jpg

After

post-2-1287343924.jpg

post-2-1287343738.jpg

Major downer has evolved regarding the Lotus's nest....... There's no lights around the garages, so i have no vision pushing the car in. As seen in the previous images there's little to no space either side of the car and the garage walls..... So i have bought this :lol:

post-2-1287910018.jpg

post-2-1287910040.jpg

I think a million candle power should do it :lol:

That looks such a tight fit, do you walk down the side of the car to push it out? I'd be very careful you don't put a scratch down the length of the door. Leather is looking good and the those torches are brilliant, mine died though so I just have a pocket LED one now!