• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and why would you need a pen.

To write things down maybe! :D

You there you are driving down the road and you suddenly think " i must write a memo" and Lotus knew that would happen so made a nice pen holder on the dash :P

To write things down maybe! :D

You there you are driving down the road and you suddenly think " i must write a memo" and Lotus knew that would happen so made a nice pen holder on the dash :P

its to make a running list of:

1) things that have fallen off the car

2) the different warning lights you have seen

3) how many times you have had to stop and get an electrical fault fixed

:D ;)

To write things down maybe! ;)

Alot of cars have pen holders, mine does. Don't forget these were made before the days of satnav, mobile phones etc so the only way to write something is on paper, directions maybe...to the nearest petrol station! :D

Its for your breakdown membership card, Lotus guessed that owners would need somewhere nearby/handy as its used quite a lot...maybe it belonged to James Bond and its for his Walter PPK

I'll get me coat :P

Any idea what this holder is for on the dash

post-2-1280171180.jpg

Can only think it's a pen holder, but I searched the entire Lotus catalogue and could not find anything like it.

Did find this though: http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Lotus_Esprit_S1.htm

..and this http://www.topgear.com/UK/car-news/lotus-supercar-2010-07-20

The pen is there to sign cheques , lots of them :):lol:

Lovely car always been a dream of mine to have one , perhaps one day

So far she's been fine for me but the service history hits 20k in 19yrs but since this is Lotus service history i don't think that's to bad.

• 5 weeks later...

First time tonight i've driven the car in the dark and when raining. Despite all the glass the vision is diabolical, almost scary. It must be the angle of the glass but i'm not looking forward to the dark days.

First time tonight i've driven the car in the dark and when raining. Despite all the glass the vision is diabolical, almost scary. It must be the angle of the glass but i'm not looking forward to the dark days.

The vision was bad enough in my car during the torrential rain we had so I dread to think what the Lotus is like....time for a winter runabout maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly lost it :lol: ..... Taking a left on a mini roundabout that's on a hill and off camber in the damp..... I booted it because the speed of the car coming on the roundabout from the right i misjudged, one of the rear wheels ( probably NSR ) lit up and the back end snapped round, by the time i realized the rear bit again but i was on the wrong lock so it snapped the other way...... Fortunately by now it had slowed down enough for me to take control.... Underpants need a stitch or five.