The wim Lotus blog

Tony

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after last weeks calamity scratching the wing i decided my intention to clean the glass still needs addressing.

I know ER has some superb decal products for sale but with a £50 Halfords xmas present i decided to hit the Mer range.

post-2-1295790075.jpg

post-2-1295790114.jpg

As you can see she is pretty s***ty

post-2-1295790198.jpg

post-2-1295790212.jpg

The glass cleaner was a real surprise..... Green?

post-2-1295790323.jpg

Surprised or not it left no residue or powder, so i'll give this a thumbs up.

No polishing was required thanks to the work of Invisible touch detailing that was done some time back...... So here she is

post-2-1295790609.jpg

post-2-1295790629.jpg

post-2-1295790647.jpg

post-2-1295790663.jpg

post-2-1295790677.jpg

post-2-1295790228.jpg

One thing Tony, I wouldn't put the bottles directly on the paint you may scratch it!

I have to admit I'm not a Mer fan but I have noticed I've never seen you mention wax or LSP (Last Stage Protection) before...do you actually have any? Don't worry about polishing the paint, after the detail that won't need doing for at least a year providing your washing technique doesn't induce swirling. You really need a wax though to protect the paint and do this say once a month and just normal washes in between. If you only want to use Halfords (although I'd recommend online TBH) then get a bottle of EGP.

For the glass to make your life easier I would get some G|Techniq products. Get the G4 & G1 glass kit and use the G1 for the front screen as this is better for glass with wipers. Once you've applied this it will last a year or 2 and just needs cleaning with a normal glass cleaner. The other glass you can use G3, which won't last as long as G1 but you will still only need to top it up once every 2 or 3 months and clean as normal in between. The company is based in Kings Langley so you could go down there to collect and they'll explain how to apply it. You will have to arrange it first but I could PM Rob the owner and ask him as I've been a couple of times meself or you could email him directly.

The car is looking great though, apart from that scrape!!

I'll be getting some G1 for the new car when we get it as it really is brilliant in the rain and for repelling dirt. If you want a bottle I'll pick it up and can help you apply it.

I did a thread on here with a video if you remember I'll try and find it. The bottle is only 15ml but you should get 3 to 4 windscreens out of that (depending on size), so doing it once a year is very good value for money. Or I can split a bottle with you.

Put the bottles on the paint by all means but lay a MF towel on first, I'm sure you don't want to inflict any unncessary scratches on the paint! :D

You will probably be better off with the kit TBH, the G4 is the glass cleaner and the G1 the sealant. I just don't want you to get a shock when you see the size of the bottle, just remember size isn't everything!! :D Seriously though with this Nano technology you need only a very tiny amount....less is more and all that.

Wings getting done Friday..... might have a new stone chip on the headlight eyelid done as well.......

Get that missing clearcoat on the rear fixed at the same time :( and get her a new set of plates.

Getting ready for that engine service i planned last year but never did.... Parts ordered from Lotus we have.....

1x Air filter

1x Oil filter

1x Fuel filter

1x Wing indicator lens

4x Spark plugs

Total bill £122.28p and that's without the oil :D