Tony

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Either the clutch doesn't like the hot weather or it's on the way out because i had loads of trouble getting it into gear and reverse was a hoot..... I think it has a hydraulic slave cylinder so hopefully it just needs bleeding.

Either the clutch doesn't like the hot weather or it's on the way out because i had loads of trouble getting it into gear and reverse was a hoot..... I think it has a hydraulic slave cylinder so hopefully it just needs bleeding.

Don't you just love old motors! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Come to the conclusion the normally aspirated Lotus does not like hot air...... She stutters between gear changes like a bitch, popping and farting on over run like a gatling gun, she hits a dead zone on pull off almost like a stall. I know the Esprit is designed to "over fuel" but i think i'm punching flames out of the exhaust at the moment...... And another thing? what idiot decided to run the coolant pipes though the cabin, you can actually feel the heat from the pipes radiating inside the cabin :lol:

And another thing? what idiot decided to run the coolant pipes though the cabin, you can actually feel the heat from the pipes radiating inside the cabin :lol:

Nice drive to work then, gets you sweaty before you even start! :lol:

I had a business meet in Watford this afternoon and i looked like i ran there.... They where genuinely concerned how hot looked.

Should've said you got bird flu or something (depending on how well you know them!)...there's no way I could put up with that, once it gets above 20 that's hot enough for me.

Yeah it does but i think they need tuning because on over run the exhaust pops and bangs like a bastard.

Tony, you need to look about. There are some seriously good tuners out there who can set the carbs up properly and it will make the car better :smile_anim: