The wim Lotus blog

Tony

Sounds scary, I know everyone will say I'm a wimp but if it was me I'd have traction control fitted :lol:

My cousin flew over from Ireland over the weekend and we went down to the Caterham dealer as he wants to buy one in the next few months - didn't get a chance to have a go as there wasn't time on this visit but from what the salesman was saying they sound scary as hell in the wet!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony, you need to hook up with some owners and do an 'alignment' meet.

basicly it teaches you how, when and how much power you can put down through a corner. will make you a safer driver :lol:

Do you mean an Car Limits day?

Andy Walsh runs these at North Weald, if you are a member of Lotus on Track, they can be had for around £30/£35 per day but are vey popular and fill up quickly.

Alternatively they can be arranged indepently as a group of 4 per day or up to 20 per day iirc.

http://www.carlimits.com/

His video is worth watching also!

h

Tony, you need to hook up with some owners and do an 'alignment' meet.

basicly it teaches you how, when and how much power you can put down through a corner. will make you a safer driver :D

Do you mean an Car Limits day?

Andy Walsh runs these at North Weald, if you are a member of Lotus on Track, they can be had for around £30/£35 per day but are vey popular and fill up quickly.

Alternatively they can be arranged indepently as a group of 4 per day or up to 20 per day iirc.

http://www.carlimits.com/

His video is worth watching also!

h

Mazda on track are one of our cars, maybe i can get some private tuition :lol:

Love it........ :speak_cool:

Popped into my local shopping centre on the way home, loads of teens there loving the car and when i went to go their shouting "give it some", so i did, first gear foot down and the back end lit up, she snacked side to side a bit but under control.

Believe it or not that's the first time i've booted it in first, even i was surprised :P

Got me a garage today..... Yay..

I'm chuffed to bits red is off the main road but i think the garages around here are designed around the Metro/ Allegro

post-2-1285182680.jpg

I knew the width of the Esprit would mean once the car is in the garage i wouldn't be able to open the door, so the delay has been finding a garage on flat ground, not forgetting i live on a hill.....

I accepted this garage today "spiders an all" but at least it looks dry, and as expected i had to roll the mirrors back and the car in by hand.

post-2-1285183004.jpg

post-2-1285183018.jpg

Obviously this is done with the handbrake off so i've used a pikey handbrake just in case the car rolls back

post-2-1285183091.jpg

Glad you finally got it sorted mate :D

The gradient is backwards..... Spose i just need to be careful?

you need one of these! http://www.ipiproducts.com/parkingtarget/

More info ;) http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...rking_aids.html

That would come in handy for the centre as well for when Tony forgets to put the handbrake on!! :D :speak_cool:

Tonight was the second "push in"... and it's real tight at the sides, length is not an issue and my pikey handbrake brick is just for my piece of mind.

I may mark the ground to align the wheels before i push the car in, this will save me time checking side-to-side.

Tonight was the second "push in"... and it's real tight at the sides, length is not an issue and my pikey handbrake brick is just for my piece of mind.

I may mark the ground to align the wheels before i push the car in, this will save me time checking side-to-side.

or you could push it in the other way and align the car with your wing mirrors.....although even less to hold onto when pulling it out!!

You could always use the old tennis ball on a bit of string trick

You hang a tennis ball from the roof on a piece of string , you can then use it as a reference point when lining up perhaps have two balls and use one on each side

I used to do this for putting my Skyline into the garage as the bumper almost had to touch the wall to allow me to close the door