Honda Civic 1.6. SE Executive Auto

Rich

Yep I'll be doing that Nick but if I can pick up some sensors for a few quid it can't hurt to have spares to hand.

Car is still starting first time and I checked the spark plugs when I got in, all 4 look like this, which I think are fine. Only took me 10 minutes but spent 30 looking for a nut I dropped! :lol:

WP_20150109_13_18_34_Pro.jpg

There's quite abit of rust in the engine bay and some of the electrical points could do with a clean. This is the stat/bottom hose, should I clean this up or leave it?

WP_20150109_13_02_30_Pro.jpg

Kind of suggests you don't have fuel issues then.

Not when the plug was examined, but something was causing not to continue running after starting ( possibly not enough fuel getting through ) and then not starting at all ( probably flooding ). Hopefully it was just a glitch.

Have you done the basics first like change the fuel filter to an oem one?

Fuel filter (Honda call it a strainer) is in the tank and is not supposed to be a serviceable item. The car has been used twice today with no issues so if the filter was a problem I don't think the car would still be running ok. I'll do some live data logging and see how it is when it's really cold again.

Sounds like it's something to do in the summer then.

I just bought 4 x 500ml bottles of redex for £14 in Costco, that should last a while! In Asda that would've cost £32 as they only sell the 250ml ones.

Well the car has still been fine so god knows why it kept stalling the other week!  :banghead:

Something I've noticed now is the rpm needle is doing the same as the Accord after I was unplugging sensors and re-charged the battery, which probably reset the ECU. When you release the throttle is jumps down suddenly and then rises again, I thought it was something to do with the drive by wire system on the Accord but the Civic is cable so it must be down to the sensors. AFAIK there isn't an idle learn procedure on the Civic.

I still haven't got around to doing any live data logging yet so must do that.

I topped the coolant up this morning, probably used 1/4 litre between the min and max marks and that was the first time in 3.5 years so I don't think it has any leaks. I can't actually remember what level it was at when we bought the car. The coolant was due a change at 100k miles I think, it's now done 120k. The cambelt is due in 10k miles so I'm not sure whether to change it now or wait until the the belt is done along with the water pump, it's been ok so far but I need to find my tester to check it.

Cars and gremlins..... I know where your at because my Vectra started running like a dog, plumes of blue smoke when i stopped in traffic and the glow plug warning light started flashing... I had a meeting last week went back to the car turned on the ignition the light had gone off and the car run perfectly  :huh: