The wim Lotus blog

Tony

I thought you were gonna keep her locked up over winter...you're really tempting fate now with the number of near misses you've had!! :lol: My missus drove in snow today for the first time and started sliding around the side roads, she didn't like it at all :whistle:

I had no idea it was going to snow today, nor did i know i would have to use the Lotus to go to Watford. The Lotus is tucked in bed now but boy was i lucky today..... Phew!!!!!!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No offence Tony, but you're quite mad driving such a beautiful car this time of year! :lol:

She's in bed now..... At the time this was happening there was no snow, i knew i would have problems but at the time everything seemed safe.

No offence Tony, but you're quite mad driving such a beautiful car this time of year! :D

She's in bed now..... At the time this was happening there was no snow, i knew i would have problems but at the time everything seemed safe.

This is winter, expect the unexpected :lol:

My old Opel Manta was frickin' awesome in the snow. Late at night on deserted A-road roundabouts with a little ice I use to slide it round like a proper dift hero (yo)

RWD and straight ahead is a different story methinks.

The old girl really scubs up well Tone - i've obviously missed some shenanigans of late but i am glad to hear shes still in one piece in general. I must get over at some point and take a look! Reminds me of my modified white MK3 supra with pop-ups was a real beast. I miss it a lot!

The old girl really scubs up well Tone - i've obviously missed some shenanigans of late but i am glad to hear shes still in one piece in general. I must get over at some point and take a look! Reminds me of my modified white MK3 supra with pop-ups was a real beast. I miss it a lot!

Yeah come over and i'll take you out for a hoot....... I'm a good driver honest :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

F :) ING bollox........ Pushed the Lotus in the garage yesterday, it was a bit tight but nevertheless in she went..... Rolled her out this morning and she hit!!!!!!

post-2-1295207043.jpg

post-2-1295207056.jpg

post-2-1295207067.jpg

post-2-1295207079.jpg

post-2-1295207091.jpg

post-2-1295207101.jpg

I'm to p**sed off even to talk about it :rolleyes:

Mind you, when the page opened, before the pics downloaded, I though maybe Tony had had an incident on todays slippery roads, so I initially had visions of fibreglass shattered all over the A41.

So in the scheme of things, I'm glad its 'only' a scrape.

Thats not good :) staple some old bits of carpet on the inside of the garage door frame.

Blame Steve-O its his fault for saying this:

i am glad to hear shes still in one piece

Tempted fate maybe!!

:graduated:

Lol cheers scorps... :rolleyes:

That's painful viewing. It's disheartening but nothing a bodyshop can't sort. I've knocked mine a couple of times inside the garage. Got to pad the Walls etc I guess that's all you can do moving forward...

Hope it gets sorted with the minimum of fuss/expense.

Won't that have an expiry date?

That i don't know :rolleyes:

All paints I've bought before whether touch up pen or a can have expiry dates. Probably better off putting it into a body shop and they can match it to the rest of the car.

Won't that have an expiry date?

That i don't know :huh:

All paints I've bought before whether touch up pen or a can have expiry dates. Probably better off putting it into a body shop and they can match it to the rest of the car.

I am betting even the original paint wouldn't match properly now. A decent body shop should be able to match it near as original. Not sure how red is to match up...

What about the side repeater - are they easily obtainable?

Trying to find out what car they came from.

Think they originally came from a Renault 5 or you could swop them out for the Vauxhall Corsa repeaters http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...indicators.html