The wim Lotus blog

Tony

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dropped the car off first thing for it's paint job...... A few hours later i had a call asking if i knew the paint code :lol: Apparently it's normally marked on the car but mine didn't have it, they contacted Lotus who were less than helpful, then i remembered the car came with a small tine of paint, they came and collected that and six hours later job done.

They returned the car and the driver looked pale with fear, seemingly the joy of driving an Esprit wasn't to his liking :P Anyhoo as far as i could see it's a fab job but it was dark, so we will see tomorrow in the light of day.

Dont forge to replace the side repeater while your at it, oh and remove the car from said garage a little more carefully this time :D

Got a new indicator, had to get it from Lotus in the end, but to fit it the arch liner needs to be removed..... A job for next week, maybe :smile_anim:

Red gets her second detailing in as many months tomorrow thanks to my ignorance of detailing.... Don't let the local car wash, wash your car after......

Oh well lesson learnt and Invisible Touch Detailing has given me a generous discount, but a top job doesn't come cheap regardless.

Images to follow tomorrow.....

If I wanted to know how you polish it I would've asked! :D Besides you don't need to polish it once Christian has done it, again, just keep on top of the waxing.

What MF mitt do you use? Do you use 1 or 2 mitts (upper & lower panels)? What drying towel? 1 or 2 buckets? How do you wash the mitt/towels afterwards?

I reckon you might be putting the swirls in yourself as well if you've never been shown or read about how to wash a car properly.

The swirls are nothing to do with me, it was clear the car wash did it.

I'm not disputing that but I'm interested to know the answers to my questions as get it wrong and you'll be back to square one again. Even washing the mitt incorrectly will make it too hard and cause swirls, same for the drying towel (if you use one).