TTE Kitted '03 Toyota Corolla T Sport

Rich

Ours only have the one in the pump. A few people have broken the housing for them trying to update the pump. I'm leaving it well alone!

You will probably find that it has a sock filter(prefilter) to prevent the large pieces of junk entering the fuel pump, then a secondary filter built into the regulator. Ahh it's a bit delicate, can understand that. That's where it gets really expensive =)

Edit: Had a look at your fuel setup on an online manual. There is a sock pre-filter, with the fuel pump/regulator/filter built into a plastic housing that slides in and out of the tank. I take it it's this housing that people are breaking when they take the tank apart? Could see the float being bent too if someone wasn't careful. If you keep getting driveability issues these filters would need to be changed. There is a risk too that you might run lean when you 'get on it' if the filters are bad enough, but TBH you 'should' see codes before this happens.

Hopefully cleaning the throttlebody will cure it. I can see why you don't want to mess with the fuel pump. There are a couple quick disconnects that need to be undone and as the plastic gets older they become less 'quick' and more a PITA!

On the is200/300 the fuel filter is listed as lasting a lifetime, Lexus/Toyota don't give any service times on the fuel filter :o The filter sounds very much like yours, has a little sock fitted and built into the fuel tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance time soon (10 days) and got my renewal quote, more or less the same as last year! :( I got insured for up to 8k miles and decided to work out how many I've done in the last year, it's just over 3k miles!! Think I'm gonna drop the mileage so hopefully the quotes will be cheaper, so far I've been getting them for up to 8k miles.

The renewal quote is actually £13 more than last year!! :rolleyes: Best quote so far has knocked £42 off the renewal but I've got some more quotes to get. What amazes me is when you get a quote from somewhere else it's not really that much better than the renewal price!

That quote is with Prestige but first they wanted £500 excess as well!!! I have a feeling I can get it cheaper still, I just need to ring this other insurer back and then Sky said they'll price match it.

Got £70 off the renewal price so far. It'll be quiet at work tomorrow (just 2 of us) so I'll ring everyone I've emailed then and try and get even more off. I will never understand why they just can't give you the best price straight away instead of trying to undercut eachother by £20-£40 at a time.

I will never understand why they just can't give you the best price straight away

It's called "more profit" ;)

Well obviously, but surely by undercutting another insurers quote by a decent amount rather than a few quid will entice them to switch rather than carry on shopping around. Or is my logic all wrong! :lol:

If there is money in it they will want you business. Mine was due for renewal recently with Churchill, got the renewal notice, went on comparison sites and then changes the number of miles down and I got a figure down from £282 to £226 still with Churchill ( some were cheaper than that ) and that's with protected bonus. So phoned Churchill and asked them to match their online price and they did :)