Tony

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good luck boss!

I had a text from him tonight asking if i can pick it up Sunday....... After a few antinomical words we are back on track for tomorrow :lol:

Whahey!

Looking forward to seeing this.

h

Left at 8am this morn to miss the holiday traffic, hit the M25 with fog all the way (75 miles) not nice...... By 10am the exchange was done and i am now a proud owner of a classic Esprit Turbo.

Journey back opened the true nature of the beast, the steering ( manual ) is very "VERY" heavy, although the owner did confess he was unable to inflate the front tyres because he has locking dust caps, and to be fair they do look soft.

The handling is pants, not the suspension, that feels great but any imperfection in the road and the car's is off!! This caught me out initially with the car suddenly bolting to the left or right, this maybe due to the tyre pressure's, we will see.

Power is amazing, most of the time on the motorway she was running zero boost due to the traffic, once i passed this on the Hemel bypass i opened her up for the first time........... (not saying the speed) it was really fast and the sound of the dump valve was rude...... Like Daffy Duck with a smokers cough.

Tomorrow i'll give the car a wash and polish just so i can get to know it, other than that her she is at home

post-2-1271532501.jpg

post-2-1271532519.jpg

Congrats. Hope you are not going to leave it there as some idiot will come down the road opposite ans T-Bone it :D

With an index of J4 TBO and my name TBOnes and the possibility of it getting TBoned where it's parked i'll let destiny decide :lol:

Looking very nice sitting there mate...I shall have to come over soon so you can take me for a spin :o

If you're parking it on the street maybe it's a good thing you didn't get a countach? That is a more noticeable car and I'd imagine would've been keyed or broken into.

Congrats. Hope you are not going to leave it there as some idiot will come down the road opposite ans T-Bone it :lol:

With an index of J4 TBO and my name TBOnes and the possibility of it getting TBoned where it's parked i'll let destiny decide :o

:thumbsup_anim: Very nice mate, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!!.......you should have detoured slightly on the way home and popped into the ace meet!

Congrats. Hope you are not going to leave it there as some idiot will come down the road opposite ans T-Bone it :o

With an index of J4 TBO and my name TBOnes and the possibility of it getting TBoned where it's parked i'll let destiny decide :censored:

:o Very nice mate, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!!.......you should have detoured slightly on the way home and popped into the ace meet!

Yeah.... agreed but i just wanted to get it home, you know what i mean it being a new drive and all.

Congrats on your new red chariot, and I'm glad you went with classic British motoring.

Thanks, Lambo was top of my list but the car-V-price didn't correlate, when this little lady turned up everything fitted, even the number plate.

Spot on tone - nice weather is coming in now so you should be able to enjoy her for a while !

Agreed but this is no winter car, not that i'm bothered about the weather it's more the case it won't move methinks.