Rich's 2003 Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer Auto

Rich

Air freshener more like...... Fact is though cats don't work correctly until they are nearly glowing hot so anything under that gets stored within the cat, pottering around town stores the sulphur and other unmentionables up and gives the odd "granny fart" :who-let-rip:

You won't smell it in the car because the exhaust is behind you.... You might get a wif in traffic but whatever the cat isn't a mechanical component so providing there's no rattle from it then no problem.

• 4 months later...

When I got the car one of the rear arch lips was a bit rippled so I've just been keeping an eye on it but this morning I spotted a bubble on the surface above it so the rust has spread. I did all this with the Mondeo, treating rusty arch lips and sills but I'm debating whether to do it again on this or just pay a body shop to do it. The lip is quite rippled though and I think it's splitting in 2 so there might not be much left to save. If that's the case how would a body shop sort it out?

I got the compliance bush changed at WIM a couple of months a go as it had more or less popped out. I'm getting the tiniest bit of vibration at 70mph through the steering wheel but it did this on the winter tyres too so I'm not sure it's a balancing issue. What else could cause this vibration?

Is there any noise when the vibration starts.

Not that I know of.

Could something have been disturbed when the bush was replaced that is causing it or is likely to be the tyres? It's not a bad vibration, only slight and isn't annoying ATM but I would like to find out what's causing it.

How likely is it that both the winter and summer tyres need re-balancing.

We're away from tomorrow so I'll do it when we're back. Thinking about it the front tyres are asymmetrical but I'm sure I put them back on the same sides I removed them from. If I didn't could the difference in wear cause a vibration? Although I've never had that issue before when changing summer/winter tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

The front wheels did need rebalancing, they did them yesterday when I got the new rear tyres. It's likely the knackered bush was masking the issues and now it's been replaced and everything is tight the vibration started.

Just need to sort the headlights for the MOT and dos something with this rust, I've noticed a couple more spots now! :(

It might have even picked the nail up going home on Saturday and the car was only used for 3 miles on Sunday! In total it's done about 50 miles!

Not long got to work as I went down the centre first thing, the guys couldn't believe it! :o

It's too close to the edge/sidewall to repair safely so they're ordering a new tyre. It's a good job I bought that space saver but then I could've used one of the winter wheels just for today.

I got the tyres on Saturday ready for when we go away to Norfolk tomorrow and this was the last thing I need, it's taken a chunk of my spending money  :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm gonna take the tyre home and maybe get a special repair done and buy a rim to put it on so I have a full size spare.

It was the OSR on the inside edge.

Shame it wasn't safe to repair but a major repair will be perfectly safe.

I was under the impression they don't do major repairs at the centre, even though they are all galvanised?

What's the difference between a plug and major repair? Joe said they'd have to drill too close to the sidewall, which is why it's risky.

I was really p :censored: d off last night but I've calmed down now!

I'll see how much it costs to repair and what a used rim is going to cost before I decide but I really don't want a new tyre binned if there's a chance it can be saved.

If we weren't going away tomorrow I would've put the winter tyres back on and got it repaired when we're back but I just don't have the time. At work today, out tonight and leaving for Norfolk tomorrow lunchtime.

It looks like a nail I've got a bag of that I used when I got the shed, it's quite long. The front wheel must have shot it into the rear but for the location it must have been on the middle of the road.

Even Jay said that's the worse one he's seen for coming back so soon after being fitted! Hopefully it's a rare occurrence!