Tony's Lamborghini Countach

Tony

post-2-1341048808.jpg

So i've bought it :(

Everything was as described in the advert, so this time there were no surprises like the others i've viewed. As stated it have no MOT but was submitted for a test failing in petty things the worst being it need mirrors. It started on the button, no smoke or rattles going on and the engine is oil free. The only thing that needs attention is the clutch bites about an inch off the floor but since the clutch is hydraulic i cant see an issue there.

:lol:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, it says in the advert that the car was built in 1990. But if it's based on a Renault 30 TX then they were manufactured between 1975 and 1984. If the base car was pre 1978 then it only needs one mirror in either the interior, the drivers side (door or wing) or the passenger side (again door or wing). I can see it has an interior mirror which would satisfy the MOT requirements for a pre 1978 car. Post 1978 it only needs one more mirror, either drivers or passenger side.

I think 2 mirrors will be a must on that car they arent know for their good visibility

Plenty on ebay just pick whatever you fancy

I would be looking along the lines of a reversing camera as well if it were me

Tony, it says in the advert that the car was built in 1990. But if it's based on a Renault 30 TX then they were manufactured between 1975 and 1984. If the base car was pre 1978 then it only needs one mirror in either the interior, the drivers side (door or wing) or the passenger side (again door or wing). I can see it has an interior mirror which would satisfy the MOT requirements for a pre 1978 car. Post 1978 it only needs one more mirror, either drivers or passenger side.

The registration document was changed to Renault 30TX coup since the Countach is a coup and the 30TX is a salon, so i assume the identity is under the pre 78 MOT requirement, is that right?

I think 2 mirrors will be a must on that car they arent know for their good visibility

Any link you can point me to regarding ebay and the mirrors? And yes i will get reversing cameras, that goes without saying.

Any link you can point me to regarding ebay and the mirrors? And yes i will get reversing cameras, that goes without saying.

I'm sure you can use ebay and search for mirrors

here is a few to look at to get started

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/category/Mirror..._Mirrors,b.html

The registration document was changed to Renault 30TX coup since the Countach is a coup and the 30TX is a salon, so i assume the identity is under the pre 78 MOT requirement, is that right?

It should say on the reg document when the vehicle was first used, even though the data was changed in 1990. If the original registration date is pre August 1978 then you don't need another mirror. If you feel it looks better without then you could argue the toss with the MOT tester if it comes down to that. As said though, it's gonna be a nightmare to drive with such poor visibility so might be an idea to fit them anyway.