Tony's Lamborghini Countach

Tony

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it'll be a big job to mate engine to gearbox to propshaft to axle and then to mount the engine. Good luck.

HUGE job

Chassis alignment and having a chassis strong enough to cope with the power and resist twisting are two totally different things

That was the genuine artical, very nice indeed.....

The Lambo hex frame is to size and has the correct suspension to cope with a 300bhp V8, remember the origional was a V12 with a rude amount of bhp. Downside at the moment is i have to transport the car to Liverpool for the heart operation.

I was about to say you could drive it there, but it would probably be more fuel-efficient to put it on a lorry.

I could also make a joke about how much of the car you expect to get back from Liverpool, but that would be in poor taste :-)

ttfn

You can change engines at any time and take your pick to get a good one, so I'm with the others here and will say to get the rest of the car sorted out, MoT'd etc. before doing anything major like changing the engine.

One thing to consider is that when you change the engine will you need to re-register the car as something else? If you do then it might be best to do it bit by bit so you're not left with a car that's a real problem to legalise.

Obviously if the engine is unfixable then get a new/ replacement engine, but what's the point in swapping one dodgy engine with another dodgy engine?

ttfn

Reads ok but will it fit the Renault gearbox?

Doubtful

Would need adaptor plate, GT40 rep probably use them, shouldn't be too much of a problem!

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-powertrain-transaxles/29804-chevy-renault-whats-needed.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHEVY-SMALL-BLOCK-V8-UN1-RENAULT-ADAPTOR-PLATE-/200658677049

No excuse now!

lambo is fibreglass boddied?

I would consider a quality wrap over paint for a full fibreglass as a personal opinion. Ive had some issues with paint cracking over fiberglass through stress or heat. That may be down to the quality of the paint, or the quality of the fiberglass?? im not sure but i suppose equally a quality body shop would know what types of paint best accomodate the different materials