Tony's Lamborghini Countach

Tony

yeh vinyl has a colour life span, but depending on the colour and the catagorised life expectancy you can go longer than 4 years. Some of the vinyl the workshops use have a 7 year colour life, thats a guarenteed resistance to UV for 7 years, but its more expensive.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said fibreglass does crack and will move about , if you respray it now you'll be doing it again in a few years , a decent wrap will keep it looking nicer for longer imo

I always think you should build a car for what you want right now , not what you think will be worth the most to someone else in a few years time otherwise you end up spending lots of money on a car for someone else

no it wont, you can get a very nice glossy look with vinyl but that certain edge that paint has just isnt obtainable. Vinyl in my experience goes from orange peel quality up to reasonable gloss/reflective. But its resilient and protects the bodywork

love the satin black, would look very very nice. would be a great way to get some automotive attention, from the pics i couldnt tell it wasnt genuine, i know that an avid autophile would spot bits but i would say unless you see it in the flesh (and maybe even then) most people wouldnt have a clue that it wasnt the genuine article. I know thats not the reason for having it but being visually accurate could make some cool opertunities, would be great to see your car in pics like this

http://flaviendachet.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/lamborghini-countach-turbo-s.html

Tony,

get the engine/mechanical bits sorted first. The last thing you need is to have the bodywork sorted and then drop a spanner on it, or scratch it from the buttons on your overalls.

Plus it gives you more time to choose, paint, wrap; paint, wrap; wrap, paint!

Is the car to be used for WIM sponsorship or is the car personal? If WIM what about a matte version of the WIM blue?

h