wim Esprit detailing question

Tony

Really nice job, looks stunning!

Those plates aren't original anyway (narrow letters) - just get them done at a Lotus dealer so they'll still look pretty original.

Liner33 thanks for the link......

Parthiban i know the plates are not original because it's a personal plate, nevertheless they have been on the car for 18yrs, so i consider them original.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope...... I waited years to find a totally unmolested Esprit and now i have one i'm dammed if i'm going to change the plates to the 2011 regulation replacements.

She's 20yrs old and not perfect, i don't want her perfect, i want her original, or as near as.

i'm dammed if i'm going to change the plates to the 2011 regulation replacements.

But the car is a pre 2001 model so doesn't need the kitemarks etc.

Its when the plate was made as well , the way i look at it is my Evo is 1999, i bought it second hand the plates are fully legal to the law at that time so since i have no idea when the plates were fitted i have no responsibility to replace them

In other words you can fit whatever you like as long as font , spacing and other considerations are there , you dont need makers name nor bs number cluttering up the plate

I think provided those things are in place the police wont care about the rest its only so that ANPR cameras can read them anyhow

The only real consideration is the MOT.

The makers name and bs standard isnt part of the mot , if the plate is discoloured and hard to read than it is a fail , they way the plates are going you will need to replace them in a year or two anyhow if they stay on the car

Won't........ I'll make a hole in your tea bag :blink:

In truth i know i'm being really anal about this but i want red to remain as original as possible, she even has a 20yld unused spare tyre, would it be safe to use if i had a puncture..... probably not, am i going to change it for a new tyre i have in stock.... no.

Parthiban i know the plates are not original because it's a personal plate, nevertheless they have been on the car for 18yrs, so i consider them original.

No what I meant was that those plates look like they've got the narrow letters on, which only came in around 2001 didn't they? So the plates have only been on the car around 10 years?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah might be an idea to start your own thread mate to save going off topic :D

You're completely right. Could you delete it for me as I can't seem to delete it myself. Apologies.

Done and please start a new thread about your car as I'd like to see some more photos :tongue2: