Tony

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you car is the one in your avatar

Yes it is and it looks and feels great....thanks!

It boils down to whether you care about your car or not

Of course i do but im not anal about it :D

Your really touchy you "detailing folk" aren't ya :lol:

Touchy! Not really, just fed up with people who post on detailing threads when they have no interest in it! :D I'm sure you have hobbies that we would think are anal, each to their own.

Couldnt care less whether people look after their cars or not but to suggest the paint will stay in good condition without any effort is delusional

Poor washing techniques will ruin the finish over time , thats a fact but for some people that doesnt matter as they change the car before its ruined anyhow as do I but more importantly to me the car will look shabby , I have no wish to drive a grungy car.

Couldnt care less whether people look after their cars or not but to suggest the paint will stay in good condition without any effort is delusional

Poor washing techniques will ruin the finish over time , thats a fact but for some people that doesnt matter as they change the car before its ruined anyhow as do I but more importantly to me the car will look shabby , I have no wish to drive a grungy car.

I remember seeing your skyline at Japfest a couple of years ago...was simply stunning :lol: You can tell when a car has been looked after paint wise, it turns heads :D

That wasnt hard as it was fresh'ish paint from a respray a couple of years before though

Better example this is my daily runner , 68,000 miles in 5 years , mostly a hard life up and down the motorway on a daily commute, parked next to a railway line during the day getting covered in rail dust its never garaged, and hasnt been detailed since October last year, only washed and snow foamed over the winter.

Yesterday it was simply snow foamed , washed and left to dry on its own

P1000648.jpg

Paint, still looks good though imo

Beaded well last time i did it as well

P1000523.jpg

This thread seems to have taken quite a turn since the last time I looked in it! :lol:

Must admit I admire the work you do, there is nothing better than a perfectly swirl-free paint finish, it looks so different and the paintwork looks so much deeper.

I personally don't have the time to put in that much effort though so my car will remain swirly, I also use the hand car washes too much to get too worried about the overall finish.

Btw, liner your car looks awesome for a detail that was done a while ago, I keep telling myself I should at least put some effort in once a year but then it doesn't happen :D

I gave up looking after cars especially black ones, after spending a couple of hours on them washing,waxing polishing only for the weather to turn and after a trip down the M/Way all your hard work is ruined not to mention the time put in you've just wasted, Lextasy (US) stole a pic of my Lex to use on their website so it couldn't of been that bad....still there today.

http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_rim_decal.htm :D

Black does show the dirt but looks simply awesome when its clean and if prepped properly it will last ages , in fact a good downpour will take most of the dirt off

I need to do our other car over the next few weeks its not been detailed since last August

Im going to do mine today as you made me feel a bit guilty :rolleyes: so i washed it late last night and the polish and wax is out and will get on with it a little later today, i'll look at it as a bit of a work out for a Saturday.

Job done, im using a Zymol wax and it says to fine mist after waxing to "lock in" a deep shine, is it worth it?

Firstly the paint felt very smooth after just washing before i polished her so i cant take credit for that (previous owner) though the deck lid needs a machine polish but still feels o.kish.

Pics to follow.

Well here she is in all her glory...well chuffed :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

I'ts probably, no obviously not perfect but thats not what im looking for, just a nice clean and smooth looking motor which to be fair it always was it just needed to be unleashed and i didn't want to be too anal about it using brushes to clean out vents and doing the wheels this level is good enough for me. I did the inside last night after washing :D

I haven't washed it myself in the 9 months of owning it but it has been washed about 4 times down the local handwash place this was the first time i've polished and waxed it, i washed it last night with a MF Mitt and dried with MF cloths,This morning i dusted it off and polished it with Autoglym and waxed with Zymol all done by hand......thats it!!

Tell a lie i washed it once myself when i did the company truck with a broom and some truck wash :)

You dont see swirls and rds's so easily on silver so it always looks shiny , but by the same token you dont get the reflections and deep shine you can on darker colours

After almost 8 years with my last silver car i said i'd never have another but then i bought the Evo

The pick up polished up nice though, should last nicely with a coat of wax on it as well