wim Esprit detailing question

Tony

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks really good! How do you not polish it very often but keep it so swirl free?

Put a halogen lamp near the paint and you will see them :)

I shall get my LED torch out later and do that, i've looked all over the truck and cant see any swirls....so we'll see.

The one trick i learnt when chauffering was to not polish in circles always go across when doing it by hand, does it make a difference?.....who knows but it seems to work.

With that sort of close up I'd expect to see the swirls even on silver - have to admit my dark blue car looks a lot more impressive when it's polished up, but it so rarely is that I think I'll probably go for silver next time round :lol:

Really interested to see the pics with the torch, as it doesn't look like there will be many swirls in that paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Christian came to wim today and bought my baby back to it's glass sheen :huh:

post-2-1300997112.jpg

post-2-1300997122.jpg

post-2-1300997132.jpg

post-2-1300997142.jpg

The residue on the car to me looked oil based and i know Christian does not use any oil based products, so whatever got onto the paint last time is a mystery, nevertheless me trying to remove it ruined Christians good work.

I must add this..... Christian took it on himself to detail the car again "FREE" despite the fact there was no responsibility on him to do so. The absence of an explanation was good enough for him to spend most of the day today detailing the car, personally i admire that attitude.

I must add this #2.... A number of scratches was also found on the car by Christian that i didn't know about, these were probably from cats/ dogs or whatever, nevertheless Christian also removed these "FREE"......

I'm eternally greatfull Christian for your superb work once again..... :lol:

Wow thats a great job christian has done... :( :o

I met him today..really nice bloke to chat too and had a few laughs with him and mr B.....also loved his girlfriends car...really stunning looking mini cooper with a few extras... :lol: :huh:

I washed and clay bar`d my vectra today when i got home from WIM.....all i need to do now is get my rotary polisher out....give it a good going over with some compound..polish,sealant and some colinite wax.......Also shampoo the interior.. :lol:

Do you drive down any of the country lanes to work? I can guarantee some of the scratches have come from there, mines covered in them!

They are not meant to shine :lol: ..... I do understand what you are saying though "tat" but i just can't bring myself to change them for the new multi-marked UK MOT approved plates.

You don't need them marked, it's not a new car, just get some made up on ebay and keep the others somewhere safe.

Top job , looks great

Ditto about the plates though , you can always swap them back but they do look tatty

I use these guys online , they will make pretty much anything , my last set even came with a BS number although thats not always the case

http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/new/