The joy of Geometry

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'm gonna have to stop by everyday to see these motors in the flesh, that's gorgeous! :whistle:

Saw a red one the weekend which looked stunning, that was an 08 plate as well.

Think I'm gonna have to stop by everyday to see these motors in the flesh, that's gorgeous! :whistle:

Saw a red one the weekend which looked stunning, that was an 08 plate as well.

It's a real "Nova cruncher"...... Just over 1k on the clock, lowered, up-rated ARB's and drops..... The company that did the install measured one wheels camber at -3 degrees against it's partner wheel at -1.30' degrees?

Since the camber is fixed these figures didn't make sense hence his visit to us.... As things panned out the other companies equipment is pants since the cambers were actually symmetrical :huh:

Happy days for the owner and happy days for us since he is bringing his Testarossa into us next week :lol:

Skyline GTR..... Superb example as well :D

post-2-1213812220.jpg

post-2-1213812245.jpg

MMM skylines my fav motor if i could afford to own one maybe if my 6 numbers come up....Id have a Skyline R34 GTR V-SPEC 2 NuR. :confused02: :worried:

Must wake up out of this day dream... :crying: B)

DB9

post-2-1214420259.jpg

post-2-1214420283.jpg

When measured "every angle" was in the red :( ..... After wondering what cliff the car had been off i realised the tolerances for each angle was as little a 5' from new.

60 min later all green, happy days :D

Stunning, lovingly restored Capri..... These images do not do it justice but subject to you being there this is second best.

post-2-1214676082.jpg

post-2-1214676135.jpg

post-2-1214676161.jpg

post-2-1214676201.jpg

post-2-1214676285.jpg

post-2-1214676313.jpg

Attention to detail was unbelievable, even the wheels "V8 super-charged" logo was a spinner ;)

post-2-1214676484.jpg

The owner had the foresight to install front camber/ castor adjusters so we had great fun evolving a unique set-up and being the last car of the day we spend a few hours enjoying to car and indeed the owners passion for perfection.....

It made my week :D

The engine is?.... well it's?...... Best you go to "engine bay babes" here and see for yourself.

Stunning, lovingly restored Capri..... These images do not do it justice but subject to you being there this is second best.

post-2-1214676082.jpg

post-2-1214676135.jpg

post-2-1214676161.jpg

post-2-1214676201.jpg

post-2-1214676285.jpg

post-2-1214676313.jpg

Attention to detail was unbelievable, even the wheels "V8 super-charged" logo was a spinner ;)

post-2-1214676484.jpg

The owner had the foresight to install front camber/ castor adjusters so we had great fun evolving a unique set-up and being the last car of the day we spend a few hours enjoying to car and indeed the owners passion for perfection.....

It made my week :D

The engine is?.... well it's?...... Best you go to "engine bay babes" here and see for yourself.

She`s a stunner.....have lots of fun going around rounderbouts side ways... :D geeez try saying fast when you`ve had a few. :D .

Having been lucky enough to see this Capri at WiM I'd have to say that no picture can give you a sense of the car. The guy has struck the right balance between modifications and staying true to the original design. For example, it has the body kit and then he pulls it back the other way with a discreet, classy paint job. The V8 install, the wrapped headers, the suspension, the bonnet louvres all show great attention to detail. He's clearly a nutcase (we did chat about this...) but he's a persistent nutcase and I certainly take my hat off to him.

He has undoubtedly spent some money, oh yes, but the car is so much more than that. It's a hackneyed phrase, but this car truly is a labour of love.