The joy of Geometry

Tony

Mazda MX5 mk1. The car is a MX5oc members project track car that allows members a chance for some cheap track days.

It's been a superb project that's involved some very good companies. Now finished wim was asked to set the chassis in a particularly safe position for novice drivers.

post-2-1188374539.jpg

post-2-1188374591.jpg

post-2-1188374619.jpg

So i did :huh:

The cars on the track today being driven by it's sponsors, including Performance 5. So i'm hoping for some good feedback.

The projects link> www.projectmerlot.co.uk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some feedback from the owners of the car in the above post.

................................................................................

After a days driving with me Robbie, Jon and Phil Dixon at the wheel at Cadwell Park I can report that the car went like a dream. Cadwell is a very technical circuit and the car handled it brilliantly. Many thanks for your support, we will make sure that everyone is now aware that Project Merlot benefits from the WIM treatment.

I will no doubt disucss with the others if we feel it needs any immediate adjustments but I suspect not. Its next track outing will be at Woodbridge Airfield in a couple of weeks where it will have some different drivers and on a very different nature of the track.

................................................................................

:P

Did you get any photos of that tasty scooby you were working on today? :thumbsup_anim:

Did it have any issues that needed dealing with?

Oh yes :thumbsup_anim: .. The new WRX was recently mapped and has a full Pro drive suspension package fitted... I wasn't overly impressed with the chassis adjusters but we got there in the end....... The car>

post-2-1188581996.jpg

post-2-1188582024.jpg

I would imagine the number plate alone is worth more than some cars!!!

Whos was it, fair few of those V6 mr2s about now. I've a friend building a turbo V6 mr2 with a race spec engine... mmmm

All i have is his first name "Chris" and i know he is a member of the OC forum... It's a real nice car.

Seemingly he paid £1800 for the car and 3k for the engine build and install.

Hiyas folks,

Firstly, "THANK YOU!" to Tony for setting up my Mr2 just superbly. Took a steady drive back home and then had a few "test runs" around some quiet roundabouts. Handles amazingly well now, really stable and whereas before the back end would be yelling "Im gonna let go about.. NOW!". I had the back end saying "Well.. if thats all you're gonna throw at me.. " I wont be pushing it any harder on public roads, but Im off to Rockingham on the 23rd Sept for some fun & to explore the car a bit more.

My name isnt Chris though :whaa: Its "Mike", my car is a J reg (15yr old) and yep, Im a member of IMOC (named Tomiam there too). I did indeed pay £1800 for it 4 months ago, although it didnt have the Teins on it, nor did it have the V6 (from Toyota Camry) sat in the back, or the Blueflame exhaust obviously. I've spent about 8 hours in total just working on getting the paint work back to looking new & so far so good. I consider myself very lucky to have found a "2" in such damn good condition.

Ending off with another "Thank you" to Tony for such superb service. Learned a bit more about how things work and, whilst my knowledge of suspension geometry isnt great, its a little bit better than it was before. :)

Hiyas folks,

Firstly, "THANK YOU!" to Tony for setting up my Mr2 just superbly. Took a steady drive back home and then had a few "test runs" around some quiet roundabouts. Handles amazingly well now, really stable and whereas before the back end would be yelling "Im gonna let go about.. NOW!". I had the back end saying "Well.. if thats all you're gonna throw at me.. " I wont be pushing it any harder on public roads, but Im off to Rockingham on the 23rd Sept for some fun & to explore the car a bit more.

My name isnt Chris though :) Its "Mike", my car is a J reg (15yr old) and yep, Im a member of IMOC (named Tomiam there too). I did indeed pay £1800 for it 4 months ago, although it didnt have the Teins on it, nor did it have the V6 (from Toyota Camry) sat in the back, or the Blueflame exhaust obviously. I've spent about 8 hours in total just working on getting the paint work back to looking new & so far so good. I consider myself very lucky to have found a "2" in such damn good condition.

Ending off with another "Thank you" to Tony for such superb service. Learned a bit more about how things work and, whilst my knowledge of suspension geometry isnt great, its a little bit better than it was before. :)

Sorry Dave-Bert-Paul... I have real issues with names. In the club it's "Wonder wheels" PM it's "WW" and the actual booking name is "Fred" No wonder i get it wrong :whaa:

Anyhoo i am pleased she is now behaving like a lady... And did you get the slightest hint i was jealous of the car :)

You are a "Very" very lucky man indeed...

This Aristo... Lowered on coilovers and a stage one? single turbo fitted <_< Previously hurt on the NSR, currently mended :o

I liked this car.... It's a beast :( The sort of car where the owner runs over a Nova and thinks "what was that bump"?

post-2-1188916672.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

300ZX Z32

post-2-1194033100.jpg

I do like these.... This particular car won car of the month in the 300zxoc last month.... Although the owner didn't know i was taking images and a little embarrassed of the claim since it was so dirty.

Mazda MX V8 (engine visible in engine-bay-babes) :D

post-2-1194107276.jpg

Loads of mods but the chassis had never been set..... It was so distressed i congratulated the owner for being able to drive it to wim........ It must have been a challenge :D