The wim Lotus is getting detailed

Tony

Christian

just make sure you teach / show Tony how to wash the car properly and to maintain the finish that you have now given to the lotus.

also make sure you remove all chamois and horrible sponges from his ownership!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's bollocked me already about the sponge and shammy..... I'm going to upgrade to a mitten and drying towel :D

Nice one, about time, you don't wanna put those swirls back in! :)

Was nice meeting you today Christian, thanks for the chat :)

The master at work..... :D

post-2-1287083189.jpg

post-2-1287083203.jpg

post-2-1287083216.jpg

The results are outstanding, the car is 19yrs old, it was pink due to the sun and the clear-coat was full of swirls. I expected a professional detailer to make the car nice and shiny but i never expected this.......

post-2-1287083399.jpg

post-2-1287083412.jpg

post-2-1287083424.jpg

All the paint is now red, no swirls and a shine so deep the paint looks wet, in addition if you run the back of your hand along the paint it feels like glass.

I'm eternally grateful to Christian for his hard work making my baby look new :)

Hi guys, well, what can i say, but a very enjoyable couple of days :D

Tony's love for the car is clear to see and equally i can see why, it really is stunning!

No detailed write up, but in simple terms the following stages were carried out..

No wash or clay required as Tony had already done this.

Stage 1 machine polish using the makita rotary and Menzerna 106fa polish

Meguiars No.7 show car glaze applied by hand

1 application of Victoria Concourse wax

External trim protected

Sealant applied to wheels, tyres dressed

Exhaust polished

Final wipe down with Last Touch

Here are the finished pics :)

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Yes he did..... The paint averages 30 microns and Christian removed 3 microns ( i think ) during the stage one.

As for attention "hell yes", i put fuel in the car this morning and the crowd around the car made me late for work......

Put a shopping list together yet Tony? I can guarantee your detailing collection will grow once the bug bites! ;)

Christian is going to pm me his list of must buys, which i will compare with other members lists and go from there.

Sorry i didn't turn up, i was in the Aylesbury area a little early (6:30) which meant i would of been waiting around a long time for WIM to open. The Lotus looks fantastic now its been detailed, one thing Christian..........how long does the "showroom look" last for?

great job by the way ;)

detail should last for a year

So what do you have to / not have to do during that year Tony to keep it looking like that? Is it just a question of a wash and dry with the right products / cloths?

Yep..... Wash with a mitten and dry with a towel, every now and then give it a wax.

With careful washing and drying you will keep it looking fresh for at least a year. I haven't polished mine for over 2 years now, just clean and wax but the shine is still there although there are now some light swirls and RDS's.

Tony a company called Waxamomo have a sale on and a couple of products may interest you:

Meguiars #16 Paste Wax - This will last you years if you wax say every 3 months, bargain at a tenner.

Gliptone Leather Cleaner and Restorer - Another bargain for a tenner.