The wim Lotus is getting detailed

Tony

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a microfibre (MF) or waffle weave towel, not one for the bathroom! The important thing to remember with all your towels is to wash them with liquid detergent only...no powder as it gets stuck in the fibres and no conditioner. Otherwise they will loose their absorbing abilities and become hard causing scratches.

If you register on detailing world the traders on there do special offers for members on things like towels. This trader is doing the miracle dryer for £9.99 and 2 will be enough to dry the car. I would treat myself to one of these baby's though - Linky I have the small version if you want to see it first, very absorbent.

You spurred me into some semblence of action today Tony, to ensure Christians good work wasn't in vain I gave the 'F' a preclean with Dodo Juice followed by two applications of Victoria Concours Wax. Also applied Poorboys Wheel Protection Wax to the alloys. Cream Crackered now and need a lie down :lol:

• 1 month later...
The ones the Punto gave me...... Yes :angry:

Is that another name for "Eastern European Hand Car Wash"? :rolleyes:

It dumped more of it on the Lotus than i did on it..... I know what you mean though, lesson learnt with the local washing machine.

I looked at the Esprit today, and if I hadn't know what had happened there's just no way you would have guessed that Tony has biffed the front.

Apart from a light scattering of roadrash stone chips, that is one sweet, immaculate looking car. Makes my heaps look even sadder than they already are.

Still, I had the magic hands of the maestro himself fettling my Eunos and Arosa today and am very pleased with the result (as usual), so I don't feel aggrieved that my hard-earned cash will be used to tart up the Lotus.

Thanks for today Tony!

Hi guys, just wanted to aplogise for being away from the forum for a while. After recently moving house and also now having my own workshop to build, things have been a bit manic. Have got lots of great things in store to show you and it feels great to finally have a garage build underway that i will be able to make my own and be proud of. Still lots to do in there but its gone from a barn that used to house young colts (horses for those that dont know) so you can imagine the 'mess' it contained to what will be a nice detailing studio. Concrete floor is now down and i'm just waiting to make a decision on an epoxy resin floor or tiles, walls freshly painted, top sides sealed off from dust and weathering which will later also have cladding installed, lighting being started this w'end and a few pictures and the first banner went in yesterday :)

Was a pleasure as always to see you last week Tony, and also the WIM Lotus. There's really something about your car, she's a stunner :)

Christian

Concrete floor is now down and i'm just waiting to make a decision on an epoxy resin floor or tiles,

Good news on the workshop Christian. I'd suggest tiles on the floor for all sorts of reasons. If you want the info on the tiles I used on mine I'll drop you a PM.

Concrete floor is now down and i'm just waiting to make a decision on an epoxy resin floor or tiles,

Good news on the workshop Christian. I'd suggest tiles on the floor for all sorts of reasons. If you want the info on the tiles I used on mine I'll drop you a PM.

Hi Terry, hope you are well. Yes please that would be great, thanks. Dynotile is top of the list at the mo and is what i really want. I'm just unsure how practical they will be for everyday use. I know its not a mechanics garage but they will still get quite dirty at times even though i will and am being very anal about how well it will be looked after :)