The wim Lotus is getting detailed

Tony

Christian who owns

Invisible Touch Detailing

Automotive & Marine Detailing Treatments

Web: www.invisibletouchdetailing.co.uk

Phone: 07876 166 077

Email: christian@invisibletouchdetailing.co.uk

Is going to give my 19yr old Lotus Esprit his magic tomorrow 13/10/10..... Magic starts around 9am if anyone's passing.

We have been fortunate to see his work here in wim, so i'm very much looking forward to see if "old red" comes anywhere near to Christian's high level of workmanship.

I won't be blogging the Lotus evolution but i will be blogging Christian working the car.... :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame me blame Christian..... Anyhoo it might be a two day job, so you might be in luck.

Fixing the car Thursday morning unless I can do it in the carpark! :D

I thought the car would've been going to Christian though?

Don't blame me blame Christian..... Anyhoo it might be a two day job, so you might be in luck.

Fixing the car Thursday morning unless I can do it in the carpark! :lol:

Christian is coming to me bless him... i'm to busy to lose the car or myself from the centre...... "CIH goes :huh:"... Understandably the boys on the floor don't see the work i have in the evenings and then during the day i'm having to police the national network, plus wim and my other forum commitments......... I think i'm rambling again :rolleyes:

ER bring your car over to the centre, i would rather that than things go tit's up at home.

Fixing the car Thursday morning unless I can do it in the carpark! :lol:

Christian is coming to me bless him... i'm to busy to lose the car or myself from the centre...... "CIH goes :huh:"... Understandably the boys on the floor don't see the work i have in the evenings and then during the day i'm having to police the national network, plus wim and my other forum commitments......... I think i'm rambling again :rolleyes:

ER bring your car over to the centre, i would rather that than things go tit's up at home.

You're always rambling mate! ;) Nah I know you're a busy man so it's nice of Christian to come up and do it, especially if it's a 2 day job.

I'll be fine doing the car at home, only putting the standard top mounts back on :)

How goes the detailing?

Polish and top coat still to go on ;)

Is Christian doing a full correction detail then?

Yep and he is coming back tomorrow to do the polish and glaze

Cool, can pick his brains for using my new rotary! :)

Hi guys, just got home. God i love the M25 ;) Had a great day and thank you very much for your hospitality Tony.

Am doing a stage 1 treatment on the Lotus, such a stunning car to work on :) Havent taken progress pics this time as to be honest its been nicer to just crack on, but i'll be sure to get lots tomorrow :) Lots of 'pink' being removed and swapped with deep glossy red :) Looking forward to getting some No.7 show car glaze on, then a nice wax.

ps.. Tony, the M3 is fantastic! When i first got in the first thing i noticed was how it felt like it was going straight now! But after doing motorway, dual carriageway and country roads, It really is fantastic and feels so much better balanced. I'll make sure that bush is changed asap. Thank you very much to you and your team.

See you tomorrow

Christian

I took some "spy shots" of Christian working and then duly left my camera at work ;)

Christian's attention to detail was/ is amazing, he worked the buffer for eight hours solid and still needs to do the bumpers and side skirts and that's without the total glaze and polish :)

I thought i had a nice shiny red car after the last six months of washing/ polishing, love and attention but until today i didn't realize how "pink" she really was!!.... Christian's work today has given me a red "Ferrari" red car :)

Detailing a car is one thing but what Christian has done is restoration, my 19yld car looks new... showroom new.

Thanks for your kind words Tony ;)

No.7 is good Liner, i'll only be putting 1 coat on tomorrow, once the bumpers have been machined. As a glaze it works better applied to small areas at a time and removed straight away before it dries too much. It will create a nice additional wetness, especially on a solid dark colour.

Think i will go with the Victoria Concourse wax as the car is such a nice red for it.

Will be good to meet you if you can make it down Scorps :)

Really looking forward to tomorrow, would love to be back at WIM now getting busy :)

This detailing lark ain't just about washing a car ya know mate ;)

Oh i know that...... But didn't a few months back, as you know i has paid attention to the detailing blogs and implemented what i could but today and the current results by Christian blew all my conceptions away.