WIM Centre Blog

Tony

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd of been better off staying at Kiplings whilst the centres equipment/building work was being done at least that way those that are waiting for your magic hands could have be serviced.......Tony has now made a new rule,...........in WIM world there are 8 days in a week :huh: :o

Boy are you going to be busy when its opened. :blush:

The equipment goes in one the 7th April :huh: .... Thing is with the Kip's issue is i acted on the date i was given, as we know this was extended several times...

ER no... You are welcome to come see but there is some training involved on the new high tech gadgets...

@ Scorps i have 80 cars on my "to call list" so a 30 day week is more in order :blush: Obviously wim members have priority but it's going to be one busy centre immediately.

By the way week commencing 24th March tea cups with names on will be ordered :) .... Although there is a well smart coffee machine in the reception if anyone fancies experimenting :o

The equipment goes in one the 7th April :angry: .... Thing is with the Kip's issue is i acted on the date i was given, as we know this was extended several times...

ER no... You are welcome to come see but there is some training involved on the new high tech gadgets...

Wishful thinking! :angry: :lol:

I'll have to pop down and try me new mug out then! :thumbsup_anim:

The equipment goes in one the 7th April :angry: .... Thing is with the Kip's issue is i acted on the date i was given, as we know this was extended several times...

Why not..... The HD Tv and wiyfi ? (excuse spelling?) will be alive, plus you can have a peep at the new Geo software :)

Why not..... The HD Tv and wiyfi ? (excuse spelling?) will be alive, plus you can have a peep at the new Geo software :)

Cool...TV, wifi, tea and cars...all I'll need is a sleeping bag, when can I move in! :) :)

Surely not the Kettle Tony?

h

I'm sure an instruction manual is supplied with it! :)

Having moved TDI 3 times, I have developed a rule of thumb formula for establishing the cost and delivery time:

1. Calculate all of the costs as dilligently as possible.

2. Estimate the time frame from all of the contactors as closely as possible.

3. Double both :thumbsup_anim:

Dealing with the contractors has been a real eye opener. I was very careful by getting three quotes for each task needed and the variations were scary!!

I also dealt with some company's who's lack of professionalism was beyond belief.... One rep came out to quote on the reception partitioning, he came with no catalogs or material samples, measured the area and Emailed me a quote of £loads. Now who on earth will agree to £loads without even seeing what product you are buying? as far as i know it's chain link fencing.

Another company came to quote on the air ring main, he turned up and asked if i had a tape measure he could borrow :thumbsup_anim: I did but annoyed i said no... So he said he would "pace" the area, so off he goes walking the floor. I said to him since i'm paying for this by the foot i'm intrigued to see how he was going to measure from the ceiling down since i want the lines dropped.

This is the best bit, a few days later he came back to me and said "you've had other quotes for the ring haven't you?" i said "yes" he then said "we won't be able to get near to them" to which i answerd "that's amazing because i never told you how much i was quoted" :angry:

Unbelievable.......

:) sound's like you havin a rite time of it mate.still a couple of week's and you should be in full swing :angry:

cant wait :lol: car is goin on steel's tommoro as the front's have no tyre left :thumbsup_anim: so a trip up is well in order :angry: p.s tony can you pm me your phone number please as i need to speak to you about tyre's and stuff before i come up :)

:lol: sound's like you havin a rite time of it mate.still a couple of week's and you should be in full swing :angry:

cant wait :) car is goin on steel's tommoro as the front's have no tyre left :angry: so a trip up is well in order :) p.s tony can you pm me your phone number please as i need to speak to you about tyre's and stuff before i come up :)

Sent :thumbsup_anim:

Got any updated photos yet? :lol:

Everything starts tomorrow.... The metal fabricators are welding the fixings for the shutter doors (due next week) and the partition peeps are in to build the reception :huh:

Bad news is they want letting in a 6.30am so i need to get up at early o'clock :crying_anim:

@ those who pm'd me the unexpected car in the workshop Wednesday morning was this

post-2-1206640297.jpg

post-2-1206640328.jpg

Brand new 90 miles on the clock F430 :D

thanks tony

i forgot where i had left it :lol:

Hi Tony,

How are things going at WIM. Any idea when it will be opening?

Steve.

Well the builders are in now removing the walls ready for the shutter doors..

post-2-1205337434.jpg

post-2-1205337465.jpg

Next week the mezzanine floor goes up, then the equipment can go in, so i'm hoping the end of March :lol:

Tony, just a question here (to cover your ass), but did anyone get a structural engineers (preferably the ones that designed the building) approval to remove that wind brace?

I hope someone did, as it is a integral structural item, and the building warranty would be null and void if written approval was not sought.