WIM Centre Blog

Tony

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More good news... The shutter doors are booked for installation on the 28th/ 29th April :D

A week later than anticipated :) ..can I book for Wednesday 30th??? :lol:

........edit...sorry just saw your PM ;)

hi tony, havent spoken to you really since the mx5 photo shoot day, hopefuly i am on the list as i am due my 2000 mile check up now ;) are you having an open day on sunday ???

Do you want to book in for this week, i'm not open to the public but operational.... And yes the open day is on a Sunday, this way hopefully more people can attend.

can do tony as i am off work this week, whens best for you

The Hunter has had it's first trial on a customer car! My MX5 NB was due its reset and this was the first opportunity since WiM departed from Hemel.. Although it turned into a bit of a learning session for all.

The car is modified: Gaz springs/dampers (the development set) and Flyin'Miata chassis rails and butterfly brace (Thanks Phil! Performance 5). Tony had set up my MX5 NB last autumn whilst at Kiplings and all seemed pretty good on the 'fast road' set-up. The only disappointment was a slow drift to the left when hands-off; it didn't track straight ahead. (Hertfordshire pot holes?)

The Hunter soon sussed that. The rear left had completely the wrong toe angle. And the left front was a bit suspect as well. These, along with all the other variables, have now been tweeeked and everything reset. And the verdict? SOooo much better. ;) The Hunter rig is just fantastic; and geo set-ups will be really quick and slick once Tony learns how to drive it!!

Now I shall swap wheels front to rear to keep tread wear in check, adjust the tyre pressures and see what we get.

So, a BIG thanks once again Tony and Mark, and long may all the MX5 and other owners clubs keep you in business.

Their financial investment in hardware and personal investment in blood and guts has been enormous, so book now chaps!!

Thank you guys!

Cheers!

Peter

aka petermac on here.

Great news that you have all your equipment in.

If you have a spare slot at any afternoon I am in Chesham, so could be through your door in 10 minutes, and would like my wheels balanced and alligned at some point! Book me in for whenever please. I have pm'd my number.

More good news... The shutter doors are booked for installation on the 28th/ 29th April :D

ER you will be pleased to know the air/oil powered coil compressor tower was installed today ;)

Cool ;) I'll fit the camber kit the same time as the rear arms or over a couple of days and then let you work your magic.

I'm really excited about what results I'm going to get from the upgrades and geo! :D

hi tony, havent spoken to you really since the mx5 photo shoot day, hopefuly i am on the list as i am due my 2000 mile check up now ;) are you having an open day on sunday ???

Do you want to book in for this week, i'm not open to the public but operational.... And yes the open day is on a Sunday, this way hopefully more people can attend.

can do tony as i am off work this week, whens best for you

Anytime really, we just need to talk first.... I'll pm you my number

Bit like this \/ , so you can create a post in a forum, and drop in a link to a banner you've made. It makes everything look pro, and will probably help the google ranking.

Grand_Opening_Banner-1.jpg

Impressive... I'll have a word will Beachshore our web designers ;)

The Hunter has had it's first trial on a customer car! My MX5 NB was due its reset and this was the first opportunity since WiM departed from Hemel.. Although it turned into a bit of a learning session for all.

The car is modified: Gaz springs/dampers (the development set) and Flyin'Miata chassis rails and butterfly brace (Thanks Phil! Performance 5). Tony had set up my MX5 NB last autumn whilst at Kiplings and all seemed pretty good on the 'fast road' set-up. The only disappointment was a slow drift to the left when hands-off; it didn't track straight ahead. (Hertfordshire pot holes?)

The Hunter soon sussed that. The rear left had completely the wrong toe angle. And the left front was a bit suspect as well. These, along with all the other variables, have now been tweeeked and everything reset. And the verdict? SOooo much better. ;) The Hunter rig is just fantastic; and geo set-ups will be really quick and slick once Tony learns how to drive it!!

Now I shall swap wheels front to rear to keep tread wear in check, adjust the tyre pressures and see what we get.

So, a BIG thanks once again Tony and Mark, and long may all the MX5 and other owners clubs keep you in business.

Their financial investment in hardware and personal investment in blood and guts has been enormous, so book now chaps!!

Thank you guys!

Cheers!

Peter

aka petermac on here.

Nice feedback Peter ;) I think you will agree the software is like an aircraft cockpit with information everywhere. The idea of this week is to acquire the routes and analyze how to use the information available.

Next week the rest of the software is installed.. This is dedicated to the modified car but i felt it would have been overwhelming to have this now before we have mastered what we have.

At last Tony.

You have started doing what you have planned for so long. Your first customer through the door. (That you don't have yet!)

Congratulations.

h

Thank you. I think the most satisfying thing is being able to do things my way. In the past working for other company's you need to adopt their time frame and i was always embarrassed with the environment.

Apart from knowledge, tools are the next vital thing. Having the BOSS tyre changer shows the customer we care about the rims, in fact there's only a few BOSS changers in the UK... The Hunter HD only about 5 and the modified car software we are the first to have this.

Centre is looking very smart indeed.

Thank you for the extremely good service Tony. It is great to learn something new and I am sure you will have lots of success in your new centre.

Thanks again and sorry my car is a pain in the proverbial.

Thank you for the extremely good service Tony. It is great to learn something new and I am sure you will have lots of success in your new centre.

robie were you at the centre today ?

If you haven't seen the new centre Guys & Gals, the phrase 'top notch' kinda springs to mind.

(I was lucky to be at the centre yesterday)

Awesome equipment, and first class knowledge & service. Superb !!

well spent at least half a day with tony today and the centre is looking really good, cant believe how fast you and mark managed todo retune the five (i managed to get back for my son with 2 mins to spare ).

i think the most interesting point of the day was turning up and then within five me been asked to go make a brew for everyone ;) :) :) not sure you will get away with every customer doing it though :)

Thanks for being part of the evolution this week guys.... I think you can appreciate i needed some cars to fully explore the software.

Next week we have the "modified" car software installed and this addition surpasses what you have seen so far ;)

robie were you at the centre today ?

Yes, you told me my 2 grand of paint job was rubbish ;)

Yes, you told me my 2 grand of paint job was rubbish ;)

not rubbish just got lots of swirls on it that are detracting from the finish and showing the high gloss red it could be. :) give me the car for a day and you will be amazaed at how wet and high gloss i can make it, make that 2k paint job really sing. You should have said you were robie, as we keep missing you at massive meets.

Well once Tony gets through all these cars I'll have to bring the RX7, MX5 for a tune up and EVEN (sorry Tony! nothing exciting) the family Peugeot 205 which feels like a bloody bus to drive.

I might just pop into nose around and see whats going on.

Well once Tony gets through all these cars I'll have to bring the RX7, MX5 for a tune up and EVEN (sorry Tony! nothing exciting) the family Peugeot 205 which feels like a bloody bus to drive.

I might just pop into nose around and see whats going on.

Please do ;)