TDi Dyno meet

Tony

I feel we would all like to thank the entire TDi team for today's meet..... It was an educational experience to say the least :)

Anyway less talk more images :)

Superb turn out for the Dyno and meet, so i would like to say thank you everyone who attended :)

post-2-1195931245.jpg Row one and two

post-2-1195931382.jpg Row three and four in the background :)

The weather was kind albeit "VERY....very cold"..... So we had a team gathering like emperor Penguins :)

post-2-1195931765.jpg

w481ggc belayed any questions of his "enhanced" car :D by offering low flying lessons for anyone brave enough to be a passenger....

Tony.B@wim (not me :)) thought he would experience power of this sort of developed car for the first time... I think the look on his face after the flight says it all.....

post-2-1195932552.jpg

post-2-1195932585.jpg

Apparently his internal organs should recover in a year or two :D

If i could personally pick a favorite car from the meet it would be.....

post-2-1195932967.jpg.... Just scratches my itch every time :)

Oh yeah i nearly forgot..... To the Dyno :)

Actual power graphs are up to the owners to display but we had a very wide spectrum from stock engines to the totally enhanced powerhouse.

Lee's car (which was videoed) should display one of many power graphs from the day....

post-2-1195933550.jpg

Once again a big thank you for TDi and all the wim/LOC members who attended this very special club meet.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a great day met some new faces and old, some nice cars turned up personally after going for a spin in the Prolex flyer i wont be calling them the barge of the Lexus fleet anymore.....no way!! thats a proper sleeper. :)

Thanks to Mark and the team for the usual hospitality :D

And thanks to w481ggc for the ride.....superb.

It was a great turn out of cars and people :) , would of loved to see the Bentley on the dyno :D , and that yamaha (bike) is a smiling machine :D , a great day , great cars , great TDI workshop , a non-stop supply of tea and coffee and chocolate , a big thankyou to Mark and the TDI team . p.s. did anybody find a bacon roll in a bag coz i lost one :blush:

Oh look..... I found a picture of "Scorps no mates" :blush:

post-2-1195981220.jpg

Please send donations to>

The "Scorps no mates" foundation

No ones Avenue

Where's-me-mates

Lond-on-me-own

:D :D Sorry Scorps but you would walk into the frame :)

what did Lee's is200 put out? was it the same as when he did it over here in Ireland (217bhp) or did upgrade the supercharger pulley since?

188.8 at the wheels, so estimated with a 20% transmission loss 227 at the fly.

Very happy with that, only thing I have done since the Ireland meet was replce the airbox filter with a RamAir one :blush:

Makes me think the dyno in Ireland wasn't very accurate as the weather yeasterday was about the same as Ireland in March :D

p.s. did anybody find a bacon roll in a bag coz i lost one :blush:

It wasn't me Dave honest :D

I had a ride in Dave's Sleeper. Coooooooooooooorr gimmie gimmie want one ! |

Nuff said :D

Thanks to Mark @TDi @ the rest of the TDi staff for a warm welcome

a warm office, donuts, quality street and Tea/Coffee.

Great turnout from LOC @ WIM.

Thanks for coming everyone. It was good see some new faces as well as the old (Bazza you can get help for that nowadays :D :D).

I hope it was worth the travelling and you gained some benefit from the day.

Also thanks to the TDI team who worked tirelessly and didn't even stop for lunch - well done guys :blush:

p.s. did anybody find a bacon roll in a bag coz i lost one :blush:

Funny you should mention that - i found one as we were closing up.... needless to say, it's not much good now

Just out of interest did you also find my 2 part little black thing that takes the locking wheelnut covers off. I assumed he put it back in the center console with the locking nut socket but couldn't find this morning :D

Thanks for coming everyone. It was good see some new faces as well as the old (Bazza you can get help for that nowadays :D :blush:).

really...? i thought you said it didnt work :D or maybe you were just too far gone :)

nice to see you as well Mark :)

even though the poggy couldnt be dyno'd (i think dennis said it was to powerful for the roto ! ) it was a great day, and an excellent turnout, especially considering the rather cold temps

Scorps..... Sorry i couldn't resist it...... We all now know you were just looking for Dave's missing bacon roll :D

Mr Yau superb pictures, thank you...... Seemingly your camera has an anti-shiver setting :blush:

Just thought i'd pop on and say a big thankyou to the TDI Team and Tony for a great day out even if my standard lex was the lowest powered one there :blush: :D but i was happy to see that it was running quite well and i now know how it stands for when and if i do decide to upgrade the power what improvement any mods make? So THANKYOU Guys i enjoyed it and it was nice to meet a great bunch of guys and girls again new and old :D

Chris.. :)

Just thought i'd pop on and say a big thankyou to the TDI Team and Tony for a great day out even if my standard lex was the lowest powered one there <_< :D but i was happy to see that it was running quite well and i now know how it stands for when and if i do decide to upgrade the power what improvement any mods make? So THANKYOU Guys i enjoyed it and it was nice to meet a great bunch of guys and girls again new and old :D

Chris.. :D

Lowest-highest, whatever... Point of the meet was to capture the current or future engine potential :) and a chance to raid TDi's biscuit barrel before Scorps ate them all :lol:

Thanks for coming everyone. It was good see some new faces as well as the old (Bazza you can get help for that nowadays :D <_<).

really...? i thought you said it didnt work :D or maybe you were just too far gone :D

Yes, I know it's difficult to believe that I never used to be so good looking :lol:

How was the LOC xmas do?

Lowest-highest, whatever... Point of the meet was to capture the current or future engine potential :D and a chance to raid TDi's biscuit barrel before Scorps ate them all <_<

Thats one of the reasons i wanted to come along to see how it was running i wasnt too bothered about the power figure more to see a starting point and to see where to work from :D And i enjoyed having a chat with some of the members that i hadn't met before and seeing some of the other cars they gave me quite a few ideas and it was good to see Dave's car again, think he wanted my dash kit as he sounded quite impressed when he saw it? :lol: :D

Lowest-highest, whatever... Point of the meet was to capture the current or future engine potential :D and a chance to raid TDi's biscuit barrel before Scorps ate them all <_<

Thats one of the reasons i wanted to come along to see how it was running i wasnt too bothered about the power figure more to see a starting point and to see where to work from :D And i enjoyed having a chat with some of the members that i hadn't met before and seeing some of the other cars they gave me quite a few ideas and it was good to see Dave's car again, think he wanted my dash kit as he sounded quite impressed when he saw it? :lol: :D

Chris,

Edit...153.6 at the fly??

Here are the results of those tested on Saturday, in order of the most powerful. I have not included any figures in case anyone does not want them published.

1. Ellz - turbocharged

2. Yemgi - supercharged

3. Lee Iceman - supercharged

4. Moffat - supercharged

5. Sparky Stav - supercharged

6. Vyker - standard

7. Aztec Bandit - standard

I'm sure there were more cars but for some reason I can't find the scans <_<

what did Lee's is200 put out? was it the same as when he did it over here in Ireland (217bhp) or did upgrade the supercharger pulley since?

188.8 at the wheels, so estimated with a 20% transmission loss 227 at the fly.

Very happy with that, only thing I have done since the Ireland meet was replce the airbox filter with a RamAir one :lol:

Makes me think the dyno in Ireland wasn't very accurate as the weather yeasterday was about the same as Ireland in March :D

yes that may be true but i think your also forgetting our 95ron fuel, you wasted all your super driving to sligo and back <_<

thankfully MAXOL now sell E5 which is 5% bio-ethanol and is reported to be 99ron...making all the imports drivers happy... so no excuse next time :D