Is this how we will shop in the future?..........

The world's first virtual shopping center opened in Korea . All the products are just LCD screens that allow you to order the items by touching the screen. When you get to the counter, your items are already bagged and ready to go.

post-2-0-75300000-1434790501.jpg

Part of this makes perfect sense like not have dead stock on the shelf, perishable goods and the end of theft but it's still a bit scary.

I guess the shopper will be carrying a sensor device that identifies them. Such devices are already quite common. When I touch my car front door or boot handle it locks or unlocks the car appropriately as long as I have the right sensor device on my person.

Well our local Homebase has opened an Argos inside the store although we have an Argos in town. Employed 18 new staff, but it's an online store with touch screen displays on tables to select hat you want. So no counter, no pens, no stupid little machines for inputting the item number. Well the article in the local rag says the staff are there to help people use the touch screens ( eighteen people maybe on shifts )? Also delivery is same day or next day. So does that mean you can't pick it up there and then? Do you pay for delivery.

Seems to not answer all the questions.

There is a local tesco express that now has an entrance and a 'room' of around 14x14 feet. At the end opposite the entrance is a bullet proof screen with a till opperator and the walls of this room are solid. With pictures and lables for anyitem in the 'shop'.

Youtake the tickets to the booth, pay and then get your goods through a non return flap thing.

This was installed about 10 years ago (before this certain area was improved) because they where being robbed at gun point almost every week.

Fortunately the area is now ok ish and all the security isng neede.. But its still there!

If im brave enough i will venture in the shop and take some pics for you guys.

Yup. Its been a good 5 years since i ventured near the place as it really was as dodgy as fck.

I think they had a robbery about 6 years back where a van backed in to ths shop wall and a load of guys jumped out and raided the store.

They where stopped by armed police in fareham before they got on the motorway.