Wozza's Honda Accord ICE Thread

djwozza

I'm just really deflated as getting meningitis & the still continuing medical issues has stopped me from getting to JAE with the car totally finished. I'm also (just in my head ATM) toying with the idea of ripping out the amp rack & redoing the cables so they run out of sight beneath the board then come up individually thru it. Hmmmm I'm not sure as it was tough enough getting them all in place the first time around..... 

The thought had crossed my mind. Getting meningitis and the associated medical issues (that still plague me now)

was never part of the plan. If I had bought an Audi A4 TDi it would probable have broken down by now, but at least

the install would have been finished!!

There are still a few minor finishing touches needed in the boot, but as of right now it is 100% wired in and functional.

That's very true, the Accord is bulletproof and once you've got the install finished I'm sure any of those thoughts will disappear and you'll be glad you chose that car.

I'm just really deflated as getting meningitis & the still continuing medical issues has stopped me from getting to JAE with the car totally finished. I'm also (just in my head ATM) toying with the idea of ripping out the amp rack & redoing the cables so they run out of sight beneath the board then come up individually thru it. Hmmmm I'm not sure as it was tough enough getting them all in place the first time around..... 

That would look good but I think it's fine how it is and if it's going to create alot more work maybe just leave it for now?

Shame it didn't get finished but that was a lot of work to do in 2 days! If you had got the whole thing finished that would have been some effort! Sounds like a real pain with the front speaker wiring, I wonder why Honda decided to use such an odd sized speaker, and similarly the way the cabling is run.

Instead of messing about with the cables to the amps, why not put a board there as well and cover them up completely? That might be a neater solution overall and be much easier for you as well.

Given all your health issues lately this has been an impressive build  :D

• Like 1

Brilliant update as per usual  :smile_anim: ......... I think the cables look fine, in fact they have been done so well it adds to the quality of the build displaying the hard almost surgical work that's gone into this. 

Slightly :offtopic: how are you feeling now, your coming across a bit down.

Good work dude. Keep it up (the work 😉)

As for the cables, for me it depends on how much they can be seen through the Perspex. If they can clearly be seen I would deffo hide them under that panel and have them pop up through holes next to the amp. I think it always looks neater that way.

• Like 1

Right who is good at the photoshop thing? I have 3 images for the perspex, they will be reverse cut decals on the inside of the perspex window I am putting in front of the Amp rack. Apologies for spacing etc as these are only mock ups, the writing & logos will be all white, on a slight smoke perspex.

Anyone who can help me sort the final one out for spacing & scale & sorting out the W7 logo etc would be much appreciated  :thumbsup_anim: 

So just opinions Top, Middle or Bottom?

post-819-0-21976600-1409775683.jpg

post-819-0-20473200-1409775709.jpg

post-819-0-54560900-1409775751.jpg

I like the top one and also agree to keep it simple.

Probably better off using illustrator to do this and make the graphic a bitmap, that way it can be scaled as large or small as you want it with no loss of quality.

When you've decided let me know and I'll have a go for you :)

• Like 1

The reason the decals are such is:

The subwoofer is JL Audio

The bass amp is JL Audio

The mids/tweeter amp is JL Audio

The front components are JL Audio

The rear components are JL Audio etc etc etc

Also the logos used except for the JL on the left, are rare as unicorn droppings & are only available in the US, plus they are not available in the sizes I require.....

Rich am sorted now pal but I know you would have done a grand job so much appreciated :)

Middle logo set it is, & will be pretty much unique in the UK as a combo. The reason I have gone for those particular 3 logos is this. The JL logo on the left is the old skool logo, the one on the right for the subwoofer is very rarely ever seen, & the one in the middle "ahead of the curve" is the latest logo. It all fits in because my amplifiers are the old skool Mk1 versions & carry the left logo, the front speakers are a brand new & current model so the new logo in the middle has a connection, the subwoofer logo has always been the same for the model line including the current model..

• 2 months later...