Wozza's Honda Accord ICE Thread

djwozza

Doors have to come off to run the speaker cables, MDF custom speaker spacers need fabrication etc, head unit needs fitting & final few cables run etc. am hoping 2 days will sort it.

As for the car, very happy with it. The rear sits nice with the install in but the front could do with an inch drop on uprated springs.

• 1 month later...

The last 4 month saga has drawn to a close, I've finally binned the guy that was originally helping me. Nothing but BS excuses, & he has had me over a barrel as all my install tools, front components, sound deadening etc was all at his. After being what amounted to being continually mugged off, I called a halt too it. He had been ignoring my texts & phone calls for 3 weeks, so I tried a different tactic. It's called a "shock knock". I had to do it twice today, but he got the message & finally answered. His undertone was about how long it had taken etc & I could see he just wanted more money than he had already been given.

So he's now getting all my bits together, and at a mutually convenient time in about a week I pick up my remaining gear, shake hands & part ways, and can then crack on elsewhere with it.

It's long & too complicated to go into on here, but shaking hands & moving on is the best thing at this stage. If he had been clear there was a money issue 4 months back we could have come to a solution I'm sure, but after this long & all the messing about my trust in him completing this install with me was gone.

I might end up paying more money for the final instal bit involving door removal etc going to a car audio installers, but there was no way I could have given him a single penny until the job was 100% completed, so we were at an impass.

Onwards & upwards tho. Hopefully by mid Feb everything will be completed, I'm deffo toying with hiding the amp rack cables underneath the shelf now to tidy things up with just small exposed sections where they protrude through the rack itself.

Anyway after probably the worst year of my entire life health wise (which nearly took it & is still a massively complicated continuing saga), along with the knock on of the worst ever financially too, I'm glad something positive has finally happened to end it & I can crack on to a finish in the next 6-8 weeks.

So I will get the install finished soon, & I am hoping further down the line we can rekindle our friendship to a point in the future after this brief hiyatus, but that I will leave up to him, no stress or drama from my end certainly. Time will tell.

Merry Christmas to you & yours people x

A positive attitude indeed..... There's no question you have had an awful year, i think we are on par :rolleyes: .... But your genuine innocent strength always shines through and that my friend is why Wozza is so well respected..... Who was it that took time out, travelled 100's of miles to hold my hand at my wife's funeral and then force fed me at her wake and then took me home and sat with me for hours.... You did!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did a few minor bits at the weekend, door cards off taking speaker measurements etc, nothing of note picture wise tho. This morning I had a chat with another installer, this time a very highly respected professional install shop. Due to current health issues (improving but not improving as fast as I would like), & not having a nice warm double garage to use, and my sheer desperation @ getting the install finished after 4 months of delay, it really leaves me little option but to get a pro installer shop to finish off the last day or two of the install. Now after all the hard work, the planning, the DELAYS, I just need it finished!!

So with some additional funds, I should be up & running within the next month or so, deffo by the end of February so it's all ready for the upcoming season of Car Meets.

One final question, anyone want to buy a kidney??

• Like 1

It wasn't a competition car designed to make the girl'ls hair go crazy like some videos, it still retained all the seating for starters, had a useable boot space (albeit a small one), and everything was pretty much hidden away so you wouldn't even know it was there.

The main aim was crystal clarity whatever the volume, with a large helping of tuneful bass that wasn't just a deep thud thud, something articulate but forceful. It could make your hair tingle a bit but that was about it.

Similar aims this time, but to take the quality up a notch or two, & I'm now running the same subwoofer as before, with a same model series amplifier rated at double the power. That for doesn't mean it will go twice as loud though, as to increase 2dB is a bit like taking a car that's hitting an aerodynamic brick wall at 198mphl, and then trying to get it to break 200mph. To do that a huge increase in power is needed etc.

So to recap the Subwoofer amplifier is now a 1000/1 (previously a 500/1 1x 500Wrms), the 4 channel 300/4 (4x 75Wrms) will now be running in 2 channel bridged mode (front doors now 2x 150Wrms), & finally the rear doors will be powered by a third Amplifier (2x 75Wrms). The 6x9's normally found on the rear shelf have been removed to allow more bass into the cabin.

Think the Lexus install on medically prescribed steroids & a few months with a personal trainer :D