Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

It's now in! A nice little surprise was the Ferrari logo on startup which I wasn't expecting, much more fitting than the big Clarion logo that flashes up on the standard version - definitely glad I paid the extra :)

Only negatives, sticks out of the dash a bit more than I'd ideally like but I think all of these flip out screens do a bit to accommodate the size of the screen plus it's a bit sluggish at times - had a bit of a chuckle that it runs Windows CE! Other than that it's brilliant, most surprising is that the audio quality has improved significantly, which means the original Becker must have had a pretty poor amp in it.

post-1222-0-50462600-1410171206.jpg

post-1222-0-08027300-1410171210.jpg

post-1222-0-00599400-1410171212.jpg

post-1222-0-46328600-1410171216.jpg

Btw I didn't cut the hole for the USB cable, it was already there so assume a previous owner must have done something similar.

Thanks! The sound would have been the same, the extra cash really just paid for the logos. It's fine though, I'm happy I went for this version.

Managed to load the speed cam database on as well though so no need to set my phone up each time any more - can just get in and drive!

Can you remove that part and cut a circle with a circular saw? It'll look neater as well then cos it does seem abit hacked.

That might be the best option - although does mean making it even bigger. Having said that it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it does in that photo, it looks far worse than it is. I didn't even notice there was a hole in it until I took the glovebox out!

The pictures in #221 and #226 seem to have a different faceplate. i.e. the one in #221 stands proud of the dash whereas the one in #226 is flush. Have you fixed it correctly? Is the other faceplate available as IMHO it looks neater.

The pictures in #221 and #226 seem to have a different faceplate. i.e. the one in #221 stands proud of the dash whereas the one in #226 is flush. Have you fixed it correctly? Is the other faceplate available as IMHO it looks neater.

That's an F430 - it has a different fascia so the headunit clears the air vents (which stick out further on the 430). It's hard to tell from that picture but the headunit sticks out just as far on the 430 one as it does on mine so there's no difference there. In actual fact it looks hideous in the 430 because it all sticks out so much, the solution in the 360 is a lot neater.

These pictures make it look clearer:

FerrariICE_03-L.jpg

FerrariICE_NewHeadUnit-L.jpg

• 7 months later...

Picked the car up earlier today so time for a little update! Seeing it fully detailed it looks amazing! Time will tell whether the Gtechniq is as good as they say it is, but the paintwork looks incredible right now. Plus there was a scratch over the drivers wing and headlamp when I bought the car (from when someone had keyed it) and that's all been polished out so quite happy with that.

post-1222-0-38172400-1429734846.jpg

post-1222-0-38791700-1429734850.jpg

post-1222-0-91968200-1429734853.jpg

post-1222-0-93627900-1429734857.jpg

post-1222-0-23926600-1429734861.jpg

post-1222-0-38439600-1429734867.jpg

Reverse camera now installed:

post-1222-0-38669500-1429736277.jpg

post-1222-0-27557100-1429734878.jpg

Dash cam in, brief vid sample from the drive home (rough taster of how it sounds at about 0:42!). Can't quite get the gel sticker to fix completely to the windscreen which isn't too attractive - anyone have any ideas on how to get the whole sticker cleanly against the screen?

post-1222-0-40438100-1429734883.jpg

post-1222-0-71296000-1429734889.jpg

https://youtu.be/VF15b8fVIGc

Can somebody remind me how you embed a youtube video - tried a few options and none of them are working!

That looks awesome mate, you must be well chuffed! :D

Video quality looks good, can you change it to mph? That's a nice straight road just as it finished, good place to open the throttle! ;)

Looks fab

Camera view looks good , try warming the screen up with a hot air gun and pushing hard . Are you happy with the camera? I see the quality has been dropped by youtube

Thanks - good tip I'll try that. Yep really happy so far, the app and the wifi works really well as well, so could get the live image up on my phone when setting the position. Quality looks great as well, it was still 1080p on youtube, has it dropped the bitrate then? Didn't really watch the youtube version so didn't notice it had dropped it.

I'm assuming it'll keep overwriting old videos as it runs out of space? The wifi is great as I don't really need to take the camera out, can just download videos to my phone as I need them. What does it mean when the videos are coloured red, green and blue? My guess was parked, stationary and moving but wasn't sure.

That looks awesome mate, you must be well chuffed! :D

Video quality looks good, can you change it to mph? That's a nice straight road just as it finished, good place to open the throttle! ;)

Really pleased, it's turned out amazingly well, worth every penny taking it up to Dove House Cars. I've changed that to mph now, didn't realise until I got it home and watched some of the videos. The thing you can't see in the pics is the work they've done on my clutch, which has completely transformed the car - it drives like a completely different car now and feels incredible!

Yeah it is a good bit of road, national speed too until the bottom of the hill, there's a good few roads around where I live which are good for a Sunday morning blast :)

Does look stunning B) ...... Reminds me of when i had the Lotus done. I thought i had done a good job, i was wrong.

Your car looked just as amazing, it was in stunning condition.

I went through with the detailer how I need to look after it and he said no need to do anything particular, just wash with a lambswool mitt, two bucket method, and a nice microfibre towel to dry off and that's it! Ticking all the boxes so far, but the real test will be how long the coating lasts.

The colours represent normal, parking mode and an event ie the g sensors triggered an impact etc

It will over write the normal videos but not events

I'm assuming red is an event then? I seemed to have quite a few red ones, perhaps it's seeing hard acceleration/cornering as an event. I'll have to monitor it then, might need to reduce the sensitivity a bit.