Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

• 3 weeks later...

So now that my car's back I was about to order the headunit, when I had a complete turnaround and ordered the Ferrari branded one instead! It is obviously a bit of a waste of money, but the more I thought about it the more I agreed with Tony - a year down the line I'm not going to care about the extra £250 but I know I'll look at it and wish I'd got the Ferrari one.

Hopefully get a chance to fit it over the weekend :)

Well done..... What are they like to fit?

The main unit should be fairly simple, the old and the new are both standard single DIN sized units using a standard ISO connector so should be as easy as sliding the old one out and the new one in for the most part.

The trickier parts will be installing the other bits, the GPS antenna, USB cable in the glovebox and most of all running the reverse camera cable to the back of the cabin ready to be connected up when I get the camera installed.

If you can afford the extra £250 then why not, I'd probably do the same in your position.

In my photos from the Chorleywood car show there was a Ferrari there with subs behind the seats!  :D Although I'd rather listen to the engine ;)

Can't the people installing the camera do the cable since it is their area.

I want to put it in just because I enjoy doing it, obviously if I fail (which is entirely possible) then I'll have it installed completely! The camera itself is more involved as the rear bumper needs to come off and the undertray so much easier on a ramp.

If you can afford the extra £250 then why not, I'd probably do the same in your position.

In my photos from the Chorleywood car show there was a Ferrari there with subs behind the seats!  :D Although I'd rather listen to the engine ;)

I still haven't had a chance to have a proper look through those photos but the few I looked at seemed like there were some properly nice cars there!

Was it a sub in the centre or more than that? There was actually a hifi upgrade option which put a sub in the centre behind the seats. If it's more than that it's aftermarket.

I'm sure you could've rubbed that off and applied a Ferrari one to it yourself or got a company to do it. I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid an extra £250 to buy it from Ferrari only to get it in the Clarion box.

I'm not that bothered about the box, just thought it was amusing for something labelled as a "Ferrari Genuine". I knew what I was getting before I bought it to be honest.

There's a bit of peace of mind that comes with it as well, if I have an issue I can just take it back to the Ferrari dealer (who would most likely just swap it out), from reviews I've read online Clarion customer services doesn't seem to be particularly responsive.

It is a bizarre scenario though, for those that have paid full price (£1,755) it is a bit of a rip off.