Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

The screen size wouldn't be too much of a problem, it would just be similar to using my phone (which is what I do at the moment).

The more I think about it the Clarion is the right option, gives me everything I need at a reasonable cost and will get the job done with minimal hassle.

As soon as I have a bit of time I think I'll get one ordered :)

Nice move.... Is it something you can fit?

The headunit should simply be a case of sliding the old one out and sliding the new one in - so I'm hoping I'll be able to manage that  :)

Voicey said he'd help me with the reverse cam as I'm not too comfortable running the cable through the engine bay into the cabin  :o

• 2 weeks later...

So after a bit of haggling, I've managed to get the Ferrari branded unit down to £885 from £1,350. Obviously still quite a bit more than the £550 to buy the off the shelf unit but keep going back and forth with which one to get!

£300 is a good chunk of money but then the branded one looks that little bit less aftermarket...........  :unsure:

It's still £300 for a logo, I'm sure you could knock some more off! ;) Does the dealer know you've found the same unit unbranded?

And just a silkscreened one at that - not even a proper metal badge or anything  :rolleyes:  :D

Yeah I told them that it's £550 to buy the normal one, that's how I managed to get the price down so far. They did say that's as far as they can go discount wise though - I get the impression that Ferrari have already marked it up quite a bit to the dealers.........

Sounds like you have pushed then to the limit...... To be honest i'm surprised they moved on the price at all.

I was surprised too, 35% is quite a healthy discount for something from Ferrari! The more I think about it the less I can justify it though, it's still £885 for the Ferrari one and the Clarion one has been reduced to £520 now so the gap is too big to make any sense. Would rather spend that money on something else.

I honestly feel if you go for anything other than the Ferrari one you will in time regret it. In the hopefully long distant future anal people like me want original builds like i did with the Lotus, it took me two years to find that car and i paid a premium for it.

Why would he regret spending over £350 more for a logo and it's not even part of the original car so can be replaced when it's sold. I'm sure a company would make a Ferrari logo up to put on it, should it bother Parthiban that much.

Yeah but as a buyer i would know and it devalues the car.... End of the day it is a super car not some minger Fiesta and it will come to money.

How would you know if the original radio is put back in when it's sold, it'll be no different from standard.

I completely understand what Tony is saying and that was exactly the same reason I was even considering it. I'm not too worried about resale, as these cars sell better when standard so it would come out at that point anyway, but weirdly it does look a bit less aftermarket with the Ferrari logo on it which I would prefer.

However the more I thought about it, the more it just seemed like throwing money away, and I find it really hard to do that. And once I've used it for a few months I probably won't even notice  :)

Plus I've just blown a load of money on a new exhaust (I know, I did say I wasn't going to change it!) so the money has been put to better use  :whistle:  :D

Blimey your on a mission!.... What make of exhaust did you go for in the end?

It's a mission I didn't know I was on! I really wasn't planning on spending any more to be honest but this came up at such a bargain I just couldn't not get it........

It's the factory Ferrari racing exhaust, the one fitted to the Challenge Stradale - in most people's opinions the best exhaust you can fit to a 360 so there really was no other option :)

I've been watching youtube videos of it recently and even on those it sounds epic - really quite excited about getting it fitted!

Wow i bet it sounds awesome. Any links to those vids?

There's a short one on voicey's blog of one he recently fitted on another owner's car. I can't access youtube at work to link any other but if you search for Ferrari 360 racing exhaust you'll find other vids. Remember to turn up the volume  :)

http://aldousvoice.com/2014/04/24/ferrari-360-racing-exhaust/

If yours sounds anything like that then i'm jealous to the max.

I'm hoping that if it sounds that good in a youtube vid it must sound unbelievable in the flesh, was totally sold after hearing it in that video.

Will have to wait until I have it fitted but it sounds quite racecar-esque! Once fitted I'll find some time to pop up to WIM and take you out for a spin  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for my car to return but the Ferrari bits for the stereo have arrived, fascia plate and the reverse cam. The cam was quite pricey but seems to have been worth it, really impressed with how they've integrated it into the light lens which means no drilling and will look pretty OEM.

Just need to order the main headunit and it'll all be ready to fit soon!

post-1222-0-89949800-1407842323.jpg

post-1222-0-84216800-1407842329.jpg