Steve's Horror Of The Week 17/04/10

Steve-O

I've seen some horrors in my days but that's disgusting, what make of car is it?

Not sure on the make - will try and find out. Either way for a driver to allow their car to get this bad deserves a temporary ban at the very least IMO !

Is the brake disc/caliper behind the hub on this car?

What was their complaint then, the brakes feel spongy!! :lol: Surely it would take time to get in that state so would an MOT not have picked it up?

Looks like a vented disc to me with 1/2 missing :o

Correct.The entire outer braking surface has been consumed and revealed the vents inside and worked into that also leaving the inner braking surface remaining.

It also looks on this particular car the disc/caliper is mounted behind the hub (nice spot ER).. unusual for me anyway as i have never seen a setup like that on any of the cars i have owned or worked on.

I would place bets on the pads being non existant on the outer surface also when you consider the abrasion the vents will cause... i wont say friction since i doubt entirely they were up to braking a pushbike let alone a 1200kg+ car :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...