Pothole carnage

Tony

wow those potholes are just as bad as the ones around me... i think if the photo's going to be of any use you need to get a ruler in there for a sense of scale...

I've not had a buckled rim yet, I've managed to avoid them so far but if I do have to make a claim I will be using a ruler and that days paper to show the date when I photograph them.

What gets me is that you can't not see them yet some people still drive straight through them and then they wonder why their wheels look like the ones in this thread!! :tongue2:

wow those potholes are just as bad as the ones around me... i think if the photo's going to be of any use you need to get a ruler in there for a sense of scale...

I've not had a buckled rim yet, I've managed to avoid them so far but if I do have to make a claim I will be using a ruler and that days paper to show the date when I photograph them.

What gets me is that you can't not see them yet some people still drive straight through them and then they wonder why their wheels look like the ones in this thread!! :tongue2:

Yeah i agree a lot can be driven around, but why should we... they are on about safe driving but how can a driver be expected to be fully concentrating on the road ahead and whats going on around him when he is trying to dodge bloody great caverns in the floor...

there are some out there you simply cannot dodge without doing something wreckless like go on the other side of the road... i guess thats where some of these casualties originate from...

Yeah i agree a lot can be driven around, but why should we... they are on about safe driving but how can a driver be expected to be fully concentrating on the road ahead and whats going on around him when he is trying to dodge bloody great caverns in the floor...

there are some out there you simply cannot dodge without doing something wreckless like go on the other side of the road... i guess thats where some of these casualties originate from...

Yeah I agree with you mate...I went on the M25 today and there were even some on there, I thought these would've been a priority to fix but when you're doing motorway speed there's no chance of avoiding them! :lol:

Yeah I agree with you mate...I went on the M25 today and there were even some on there, I thought these would've been a priority to fix but when you're doing motorway speed there's no chance of avoiding them! :lol:

Probably need the 8 miles of cones beforehand set up 3 weeks before so everyone gets used to them before they do a bodged repair anyway.........then 4 weeks to remove the cones

I bet in foreign countries they just get the job done in one night in the early hours..........I think that's what they do in Japan but I could be wrong.

You know whats even more confusing. The team that has obviously gone around and 'attempted' to rectify some of the bigger holes. I say attempted as you can tell that the repair wont last as its not a level fill, they havent sealed the perimeter etc.... They have filled one hole and there is another hole just a few feet away that needed attention, but they have left it as it probably was out side their 'criteria' or some other political bollocks...

how much effort would it be to sort these extras out bearing in mind they had already set their gear up.... now another visit is needed which will be months away.... during which time others are having to hit it.

I fear we have complete retards in charge... someone needs to go to town hall and give a few 'liveners' out :D

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for hi-jacking

this happened too a mate of mines wheels, unfortunately these wheels are no longer available, do you think they could be repairable?

Rear Wheel

DSCF4030.jpg

DSCF4031.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

Front Wheel,this is worst of the 2 :cry:

DSCF4030.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4036.jpg

DSCF4037.jpg

DSCF4038.jpg

DSCF4039.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

It's yet another example of those in power (Councils or central Government) not givin a flying monkeys about Joe Public at all.

What about givving us value for the extra 2p/litre levied on Petrol when VAT went down to 15%, yet now VAT has risen again the

2p/litre hasn't been removed, nor is there any sign of it happening. I have a long memory when getting ripped off by stealth taxes.

I certainly won't be voting these crooks back in :) :grrr: :grrr:

Rant over, drive safe :)

I hit a big pothole on the estate I work on...the road is terrible anyway as they dig it up so much but this was just in front of a slight dip and it was dawn so didn't see it :( Luckily no damage was caused but it made one helluva bang!

Did anyone read about what happened to the Bucks Counciler who's tyres burst after driving through a pothole, serves him right!! I did read that he is going to claim on the council insurance though! :) Link

I certainly won't be voting these crooks back in :grrr: :grrr: :)

Going to vote the other crooks then? :(

Saw a big one in my local B&Q car park this morning. Luckily I managed to move around it but it must have been about 5 feet long,1 foot wide and about 6 or 7 inches deep. I guess if you damaged your car you wouldn't be able to claim on their insurance?

• 3 weeks later...
Lol novel idea and i wouldn't mind that in the UK if we wasn't already getting raped on road tax, council tax, speeding/parking fines and and fuel duty!

Yep I know what you mean.......if the road tax we pay actually goes on transport infrastructure instead of being leeched by those who can't be arsed to work or other people from foreign climes who don't intend to contribute to the greatness of this country, then we would have fantastic roads !