Pothole carnage

Tony

We all know the roads are bad, it's even been on the news today but the real carnage is worst than reported from my prospective..... Here's some of todays customers wheels....

post-2-1264273705.jpg

post-2-1264273717.jpg

post-2-1264273728.jpg

post-2-1264273740.jpg

I would say this week i have seen 30 or so ruined wheels/ tyres.

Bloody hell they look bad! :o But are some of these drivers blind as I'm always looking for potholes and when I see them I either slow right down or drive around them. I know this isn't alway possible though. Some of the holes that caused the damage must've been massive!

Sometimes it's unavoidable, I hit a massive one on the A406 at 50mph last week, at that speed it's hard to spot because you've also got to be paying attention to what's going on up ahead. Wheel doesn't feel damaged but dreading taking it off :o

I thought cars with big tyres would be safe from pothole damage but that first pic states otherwise!

We fitted four tyres and a Geo to a Porsche 911 Turbo Saturday "£1000" and the car hit a pothole Sunday blowing two of the tyres out..... Today we fitted another two tyres and another Geo "£500"..... Something needs to be done about this carnage.

Another victim of the road condition

post-2-1264448325.jpg

An impact so violent the coil snapped.

Jesus.

I would love to hear the councils answer to this question: If a car hit a 'significant' pothole capable of the above damage and the car veer off and caused a fatality - would they put their hand up to being responsible? would they pay out or feel any remorse for what had happened? I bet not - they would hide behind some kind of red tape.

I think the situation is disgusting. To top it off i see the council are keeping up with their tree planting schedule more than the maintenance of the road we pay for... completely lost focus on where their priorites lie.

Jesus, didn't think that was even possible from a pothole! Did the spring need to be partly damaged beforehand for that to happen or could a perfectly normal spring just snap?

Agree with the above, it's a complete farce - in my area they spent weeks (and caused massive traffic disruption) redoing the pavements, but didn't touch the horrendous state of the roads at the same time!

Another victim of the road condition

DSC01510.JPG

An impact so violent the coil snapped.

How do you know pothole caused that?

When I went out earlier some of the holes around here have opened up even more, they're like craters! :D

When I went out earlier some of the holes around here have opened up even more, they're like craters! :D

I saw one in Camden a few days ago that was almost as wide as my car and easily 6" deep at the deepest point - it was like the opposite of those square speed bumps that you drive over.........

Gonna call the council about that one as it looked pretty dangerous!

I saw one in Camden a few days ago that was almost as wide as my car and easily 6" deep at the deepest point - it was like the opposite of those square speed bumps that you drive over.........

Gonna call the council about that one as it looked pretty dangerous!

Sounds it as well, no chance of driving around it then! :)