CIH

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soz Camera phone. :blink:

Had a bodywork dude friend-of-a-friend spray and fit it. It's got a real high-spot above the N/S tail-light but that can't really be helped as the spoiler is a home-brew jobbie.

Oh and he sorted a ding in the O/S/F wing.

Soz Camera phone. :blink:

Had a bodywork dude friend-of-a-friend spray and fit it. It's got a real high-spot above the N/S tail-light but that can't really be helped as the spoiler is a home-brew jobbie.

Oh and he sorted a ding in the O/S/F wing.

Sweet..... did he just "pop" it out or was there more metal work involved.

oops had another ikkle spin. This time in the wet but otherwise the same ie; coming out of a corner on acceleration but low speed and not all that aggressive.

Mounted the central reseration (again) but no bad noises, odd behaviour, wheel position hasn't changed etc phew!

'think I might get some decent rubber. Currently running Nankang M&S, put on by the last owner.

Wouldn't mind trying those assymetric Verdensteins now that you mention it but I'm skint!

Oh and maybe more rear camber, say -1'15 to 1'40ish ?

What camber do you have on the front?

Had it on the Hunter today and save for some toe nothing suggested any problems.

Wouldn't mind trying those assymetric Verdensteins now that you mention it but I'm skint!

Oh and maybe more rear camber, say -1'15 to 1'40ish ?

What camber do you have on the front?

Not much! -10" N/S and zero camber on the O/S. Something else, I'm not certain the rear stub-axles can be removed to fit shims y'know.

Nankang = ditch finders :rolleyes:

It was terrible driving homw in a deluge just now.....

Noticed the MOT isn't due untill November so current plan of action is;

Renew Insurance in July -£350 ?

Engine service with gearbox and diff oils (never been done as far as I can tell) -£150 tops

Renew rear suspension bushes -"master kit" (ie every bush on the car) £100

'zorst -£350-£400

and that's before I start any modifing! oh and I really fancy a Nissan Bluebird too..... ;)

Damn it! Spent all my weekend-off preping and spraying my tail-lights (and front bumper) but the N/S brake light refuses to work, despite working before and at every stage when I tested them! :rolleyes:

What zorst you looking at to spend that much?

Custom Stainless from turbo-back, by the likes of Powerflow, Long-Life etc

Well it's kinda complicated as the uk lights had a reverse, the 6packs had a seperate reverse so the loom is "missing" a bulb. The US loom plugged in but I had a permant brake light on when the foglight was switched on- something else the 6packs didn't have.

They worked fine with the uk loom stuffed in to the US carrier with the reverse light redundent, but then it wouldn't physically fit into the cluster without some messing about. They worked fine untill that point....?

So currently got no brake light on the N/S but the tail light is ok (same bulb, different element).

Does any of this make sense ?