CIH

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Chucked the Sivia on the hunter rig to try a couple of ideas I've had to find some neg. camber on the front and found I'd already managed it, without even trying. -33 minutes on the N/S :huh:

Actually what I would like, though I don't recall any potholes or such ? 30" cross camber, with indifferent toe, explains the mild instability under braking.

Cross-member (no subframes here) looks ripe for a bit of shunting too!

Tony you were correct about the rear factory defined toe-out bing a tendencey issue. Approx +10" total on pull down. Not sure what they were trying to achieve with dynamic parallel rear toe ?

Got a big service kit to do next week. Splashed out on some posh oil from Opie.

Oh and I'm considering getting a daily and taking the silvia off the road to tidy it up, though I'd keep it MOT'd.

Without sounding cynical is the ramp level ok?..... The change in camber without encouragement is concerning.

The toe migration on bump is a handy test isn't it :huh: ... tells you loads about the suspension and the trailing arms radii.

S12_Service.jpg

Serviced the beast from the east last saturday. Meh, I really hate working on engines and it took all day. Took a couple of tries to get the thermostat housing to seal (hence the mop and bucket haha) but now it get's nice and warm in no time! Really need to do the valve clearances as it sounds like an old Fiesta at the moment.

Anyway, went to McDonalds one sunday for breakfast before work and found bitchin' 80s coupe overload!

Retro_Meet.jpg

oh and I'm seriously considering this bluey as my daily. Belongs to another ZXOC member. It's a 1.6 so slow as fook but it's a nice (grim-spec) old bus.

hatch1.JPG

I'm arranging to do a front grille & sidelights swap with the owner of this;

mk2-s12-2.jpg

for comparison

S12_04.jpg

That would mean I'd have a mk2 with mk1 front and rear lights heh. I'd also like the manual windows so I'd need mk1 doors. Oh and a non-power bulge bonnet too (again mk1).

Should have just got a mk1 and swapped the bumpers or something....

• 3 weeks later...

Failed the MOT today. Nothing of consequence save driver's seatbelt (avaliable from Nissan) and fooked axle bushes.

Not sure what to do TBH. I can either scrape it through and get the ticket or garage it and try to find some workspace and give it a proper overhaul. I was already planning to get a winter-daily-driver so it wouldn't have been getting used untill the new year anyways.

• 1 month later...

Silvia sleeps on it's back but the spending continues! Got some S14 Silvia front brake calipers (4pots) for refurb, that I'll do in the new year, and today collected aload of stuff from a braker over the Pennines.

Got a mk1 bonnet, tailgate, mk1 front grille and sidelights, some external trim plus rear light clusters for my buddy in America.

DSCF7467.jpg

-note no power bulge on the bonnet, honeycombe grille and wrap around sidelights. :rolleyes: