CIH's S12 Silvia

CIH

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gp 16 but on a classic policy it cost about £300. That's a 27yr old male, 3points, Manchester but garaged, 4500 miles per annum.

Forgot to mention the 200SX Owners Club/S12OC/ZXOCs so I may get another £20 or so back.

Incidentally, an import MX5 couldn't go on a classic policy and would cost £700 minimum.

IIRC they won't cover Manchester.

The Silvia was the right choice judging by those prices.... incidentally i had a drift Silvia in today, not sure what series it was..... But it was an animal, i'll post some images tomorrow.

TBH with an MX5 I would have just been turning eccentrics but I'm keen to expand into aftermarket kits. An S12 looks to be a good option in that respect.

IIRC they won't cover Manchester.

That's disappointing :o

Yeah you're right just checked the thread...is car crime a big problem around there then?

A bit pants though if they offer deals for club members and that excludes certain areas of the uk... Isn't that "selective filtering?"

Had the car inwork the past couple of days for odds 'n' sods. Found a sticky O/S/R brake caliper. No wonder it's not so fast and not so frugal :rolleyes:

We also had a Nismo kitted Z33 in for tyres and they were briefly sat side by side. No pictures as my phone battery was dead! :unsure:

edit: oh and a good look underneath showed no rust to speak of! hurrah!

I belive S13 suspension, brakers wheels etc (including coilovers) can be retro fitted. As can S14 parts for a 5 stud conversion. The rear is less straightforward, though, and reducing camber incurred from lowering has caused the S12OC some headaches.

Seems the S12 sufers especially from seeing extra neg. camber on the rear when lowered and the suspension doesn't lend itself to adjustment.

Oh and hurray, cambelt kit has finally arrived but I've hurt my ankle so it's gonna have to wait some more...

Seems the S12 sufers especially from seeing extra neg. camber on the rear when lowered and the suspension doesn't lend itself to adjustment.

Oh and hurray, cambelt kit has finally arrived but I've hurt my ankle so it's gonna have to wait some more...

Blog the install for us :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Did the cambelt today. Nothing much to show for it in the way of pictures I'm afraid.

Nice one, how long did it take you?

Couple of hours with some help as I haven't done one before. The original belt actually looked to be okay though the tensioner had a bit of play.

Wasn't able to fix the sticky handbrake though :unsure:

Sorted :)

Thankyou :unsure:

No matter how they look you can't afford not to change the belt...... Is the handbrake on the caliper?

Not sure but looks likely the actuator is faulty. The pads, the sliders and the piston are all free moving. Handbrake works but doesn't disengage properly.

Don't really want to replace the caliper as I plan to upgrde to Z31 Fairlady but that'll probably be a while away yet.