CIH's S12 Silvia

CIH

There's a tidy looking SW20 MR2 Non-turbo near me for a pittance.

TBH the only thing stopping me is the sheer PITA of selling a car.

Life moves on.... MR2 B) .. I've had loads of experience with them B)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never kept a car for more than a year or so. I kept a Manta for about 2 1/2 years but 12 months of that was laid up with terminal rot but I couldn't bring myself to scrap it. A club member took on the restoration.

'think I'm getting bored of older cars and I fancy something with a nice revvy twin-cam.

That's an S14a BTW, with the frowny headlights. I haven't lookd at insurance but I doubt it would be hurrendous on limited mileage etc. Not really a sportscar, I'm told, more of a GT. The S13 is much more "raw" apparantly.

Makes about 200bhp IIRC. Cam-gear spraybar gets clogged so engine topends can fail, plus the rear subframe is potentially a bad rot area.

£434 doesn't sound so bad to me ?

That's an S14a BTW, with the frowny headlights. I haven't lookd at insurance but I doubt it would be hurrendous on limited mileage etc. Not really a sportscar, I'm told, more of a GT. The S13 is much more "raw" apparantly.

Makes about 200bhp IIRC. Cam-gear spraybar gets clogged so engine topends can fail, plus the rear subframe is potentially a bad rot area.

You could do some research about the car before buying..... Is there anything about them you don't know?

I like the frowny headlight look...how much room is in the back of these, could an adult sit comfortably?

Yeah £434 is good considering I pay £300 on the mondeo...that's without trying Chris Knott as well so could possibly get it even cheaper :o

dunno tbh, haven't really looked at rear room in an S14.

Put a clutch in the S12 today. I was gonna take pictures and blog it but my enthusiasm wained when the pressure plate and release bearing where found to be incorrect. :o

Took most of the day as it was my first go at a clutch.

Now that really hurts :crying_anim:

Why does it hurt, cos it's modded? I have to admit it's not to my liking!

'Cause it has Lambo doors ;).

Have you bought that white V8 one yet Tony :).

Nope.... didn't like the white, the yellow one was tasty to say the least but i want blue and i'm sticking to my dream :smile_anim:

The gym next door to work caught fire and I joked I should have parked closer to it. Y'know, easier to claim then to sell it ? I was stood right next to it when I said that. Poor thing, takes me to Hemel and back without missing a beat and everywhere else and I want rid.

Seriously though, I had the sarter motor loose when I did the clutch so maybe something isn't quite right. Seems like the starter to me anyways.