CIH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am such a dork. Here I am trying to figure out how to acomodate reverse and rear fog-lights into my Yank-spec light clusters (which didn't have them) so I'm thinking;

"Right, I've got stop/tail, brake, turn, reverse and foggys. The Yank lights are set-up for 2 red and 1 yellow, what do I do ?"

So here I am with all these crazy plans to rip both sets apart and make a funky hybrid or tinting this and de-orange'ing that when the error of my logic just hit me. That's what I get for using terminology I don't normally use ("Stop/tail").

I only need to find room for one light function, not two! Given it has no colour issues or even legal requirement I'll arrange something in the way of a reverse light.

Oh and I'm going to have a bash at cleaning them up and tinting the orange parts when I clean up the bumpers tomorrow .

Hopefully I should have them inplace with a newly spoiler'd boot lid soon! The I can start work on trivial things like knackered exhaust, servicing, brakes overhaul, replacing knackered suspension bushings etc!

I won't have the money to go to see the Driftys @ Oulton Park though :rolleyes:

Hopefully I should have them inplace with a newly spoiler'd boot lid soon! The I can start work on trivial things like knackered exhaust, servicing, brakes overhaul, replacing knackered suspension bushings etc!

I won't have the money to go to see the Driftys @ Oulton Park though :rolleyes:

If i get you a pass could you get there?

Thanks but it's not the cost of the pass. It's the whole day out ie; petrol, food 'n' drink, souveniers, the shame of a bootlid full of red insulation tape etc. Just bad timing as it all falls a couple of days before payday and I've been short pretty much since I got the car and started buying stuff for it.

There's an ebay ad. Some fella is breaking two Z31 300ZX Turbos right here in Manchester. They add 10mm to the track too apparantly.

I was planning on taking the rear beam down and re-bushing the whole lot so it's not a major diversion. Will probably need some cheap 5 stud wheels to keep the car on the road though. Lol 4-stud front, 5 rear.

Just as well I decided against seeing the Driftys @ Oulton as;

1) was far too hungover from lastnight

2) it was today and I totally forgot!

Been busy today and tomorrow with the car. Pics to follow tomorrow. Plus there's a big Retro Nissan "do" in Northampton on the weekend of the 8th that I'll need the money for.

edit: oh and I've found a supplier for the rear beam bushes.

It's a shame my aunt moved from Chester as I could've gone to modified live, bit too far to drive there and back in a day. Reminds me though I need to book my japfest tickets, are you going to that?

So what you been doing to the car? :D

:D You're making a lifesize paper mache model of your motor! :D

How far you going with the colour coding? Will look good once it's finished.

Wouldn't you be into the track action at japfest though? :D

Dude that's primer! :D Though I suppose it does look like blue in the picture :D

If it goes well I'll re-spray all the external trim (satin black), the wiper arms (matt) and I'm going to restore/modify the 6-pack tail-lights (gloss)

No-way am I taking this thing on track unttil I replace the suspension bushes. It's scarey enough at 70mph :D

edit: oh and it's booked-in to have the tailgate-spoiler colour-coded and fitted next week.

I know it's primer mate, the difference is colour is quite noticeable! :D

I thought you were colour coding, hence the primer...you keeping it black then? TBH I prefer it like that, nice contrast :D

You don't have to take the car on track, just watch :D

Where you getting the bushes from then?

It's a shame my aunt moved from Chester as I could've gone to modified live, bit too far to drive there and back in a day. Reminds me though I need to book my japfest tickets, are you going to that?

So what you been doing to the car? :)

wim has a stand at Japfest..... you can poke Mark in the eye if you like :D

Well I seem to have the time booked-off but it's tricky getting weekends off at work. Not sure yet as I'm at Z009 the week before and there's still so much to do the car.

I put my name down for aload of time-off months ago but I've totally lost track of it all..... :D

• 2 weeks later...