CIH

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of an off this morning on the way to work. Back end snapped out exiting a roundabout I later found-out is notorious for diesel spills. She fishtailed before spinning and bouncing over the central reservation (basically a largeish kerb). No external damage but theres a pull to the left so wheel alignment is probably shagged. No nasty noises and nothing looks too bad when I got it on a ramp. Just glad there were no cars nearby and the reservation didn't have a barrier.

Never had the backend break away like that before. It was weird though as I drove to work on a whim (which I never do) and avoided my usual route and followed the road signs for a different route (I hate driving via signs so I never do that either).

Sounds like you were lucky mate and it could've been worse...scary feeling when you loose control like that. If there was diesel on the roundabout there should be signs up. I know a roundabout next to Tescos when I lived in Essex was bad for it and I nearly lost on there once.

Hopefully nothings bent but on the plus side at least you have the equipment at work to measure the chassis and see what's happened :)

Glued and bolted, hence the little bits 'o red tape to cover the holes! Friend of a friend does bodywork so I'll get it properly finished in the new year.

It really was knackered. They always are. Flapping about in the wind and what not.

edit: do we like the new Avatar ?

edit again: the situation with the pull may actually be helpful, assuming it can be rectified. I find it quite tricky to "feel" a pull on customers cars but with the S12 I now have a definite case of a genuine pull being introduced and can take the time to pour over the figures to see what's what.

No. I was convinced it must be the alignment as it didn't do it prior to my "off" but the figures don't back that up ?

Bet it's tyres mate :( ...... "Off topic" very slightly, don't you think that print format is hard to read?

No. I was convinced it must be the alignment as it didn't do it prior to my "off" but the figures don't back that up ?

Bet it's tyres mate :o ...... "Off topic" very slightly, don't you think that print format is hard to read?

Can an impact generate a phnumatic pull ?

I don't mind the format but I'll admit when people type in their results (such as on a forum) I can't make head nor tail of it lolz :(

Might have bent a wheel.

No vibration through the steering wheel but I can check when I rotate them. :o

Hope it is tyres or wheel as I don't want to start replacing parts when I plan on binning them infavour of adjustable stuff.