Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

If i was to paint doors/ bonnet and alike i wouldn't have gone for it. The screen pillar i have spray paint for but the likes on the door shuts, centre consul and in time the MR2 engine bay I'll try the electric gun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since I cannot emboss the seats I've opted for this..

post-2-0-89673600-1516891857.jpg

This item has been gold plated with several layers of 24K gold and has been polished and sealed...hence it will not fade away.

Condition : 100% Brand New
Size : Length: 10cm, height : 7cm
Material : ABS
Package : 1 horse badge

In addition we have....

post-2-0-70930200-1516892107.jpg

• Cool Etched Glass Vinyl Window Stickers
  • Reverse cut for inside looking out
  • Easy to fit with a professional classy looking result
  • Light etched glass so do not detract
  • 7 Year lifespan

Also.....

post-2-0-75045200-1516892219.jpg

X 2 FERRARI Prancing Horse Sticker.Decal 65mm x 50mm HIGH GLOSS DOMED GEL FINISH

There was a series of pictures with the advert, i think i picked the worst one. Point is i needed a domed gel logo rather than a flat decal, reason being they will go on the engine rocker covers. Not absolutely ideal but i can only get genuine rockers at £1000 each and I'm not paying that.

Both seats are bolted down with added seat belt connections. I decided to feed the belts through the seats in the end because it just looked odd going around the seats. So now fitted I've added the seatbelt pads and the gold Ferrari seat logo's.

post-2-0-30185400-1516983422.jpg

post-2-0-49245700-1516983438.jpg

Coming along Tone! Looks miles better once you have the roof down. Love the moonstone blue type colour, had a few cars myself like that.

Those gold emblems are a personal taste thing for sure. I guess my question is are you going for authenticity with the car? Trying to make it look as real as possible? I would say if so sometimes less is more in that respect.

You know you could probably drop in a MR2 turbo lump relatively easily and cheaply and with a few tweaks get performance/sound to match the looks....would finish her off a treat!  just saying whistle.gif biggrin.png

Look forward to seeing how the paint turns out!

Thanks...I think my aim to simulate the F360 look as best i can. The seat emblem to me was the best option considering the correct Ferrari logo is embossed but at £1000 a seat I wasn't paying that. To date I haven't added anything that the real deal doesn't have.

Nick the seats are "snug" but not a bucket seat, as for protection i have a few different types one of which is a sealant which I've already done.

Doesn't matter what you do cream will pick up marks and dyes off jeans etc. A sealant when new is a great move. I'd probably just keep them topped up regularly with a decent leather cleaner/nourisher. You'll be ok with a cream on those. For perforated leather I'd be using a clear liquid of some sort else the cream gets in everything. Learned the hard way lol!