Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Well you guys were correct?... These seats have cost way more than expected.

Seats: £259+ vat a pair

Delivery: £26 + VAT

Rails from the US $106 each

Shipping $67 each

And now another £70+ vat customs duty

I incorrectly thought shipping would cover the customs fee, i was wrong, members here were right.

Quite a productive day today.... I took my keys to be cut and transponders fitted... The MR2 key with buttons was no good? Seemingly it's the wrong type of blade, I'm not happy about that since it was sold as an MR2 SW20 key blank :censored: So they supplied and cut a spare MR2 key. The Ferrari key i bought was cut and transponder fitted and my donor OEM key have another battery fitted... So it was two keys cut, two transponders and one battery at a cost of £90.

Just as i got home the new seat frames rails from the US were delivered and they are a perfect fit and have the additional fingers to fit the seat belt locks and to be honest they are really well made so i don't feel so bad now spending £100's on them and the seats.

• Like 1

I totally agree.... I did contact Toyota and they said they have to import the key already cut to the barrel listed on the cars reg £130+ adding that if the key doesn't fit tough since the are is a kit. The transponder is another £40+. So by comparison Timpson's were a bargain not forgetting that was for one key whereas now i have three..

Done a little bit on the car today, namely I've removed the seats and the centre consul.. Reason being i have new white leather gear and handbrake covers and a new white gear nob. I've also test fitted the new seat rails and they are a go but might require some grinding to oval some of the holes.

The reason i haven't fitted the seats is I've been waiting for some toughened seat bolts which are specificity tempered heat treated bolts. Once done i need to figure out how the seat belts fit? Do they go around the top of the seat or do they go though the holes either side of the head rest?    

I will..... But ordered some better one's just in case.. Obviously i know the car is a replica but these little things move it closer to the real thing "visually".

Now i have the toughened bolts i can fit the seats but i need to hold back really until the centre conceal is finished plus i also have some seat belt buckle leather covers ordered and since these bolt to the seats i best wait. 

One thing I'm really looking forward to is fitting the OEM glass engine viewing window. I may need it professionally fitted since it has a gasket seal rather than the current bolt on.

Well joy of joy i went to start the car as i do every week while it's off the road and the battery was flat :blink:.... I wouldn't mind but i only replaced it a few weeks ago... So i assume it has an electrical drain but whatever i still need to start it. So with a little work online i bought this

post-2-0-04596500-1514573472.jpg

Spec's

• High Quality Car Battery Charger - With our jump starter you can enjoy true peace of mind when it comes to your vehicle. Our jumper box is designed for 6L Gas engine and 4L Diesel engine vehicles. This highly efficient battery jump starter can jumpstart your car up to 30 times with 600 amps of peak current and heavy duty clamps and cables even when the power is less than 20% it can still start
  • 6 in 1 Multi-Function - Compact Jump Starter + Portable Charger (4 mobile adapters included) + LED Flashlight + SOS Lighting Signal + Emergency hammer + 8-in-1 Laptop Adapters for help. It can help you in any case especially for adventure, outdoor, daily, emergency, travel,High and Low temperature (-20¡æ to 60 ¡æ), etc
  • PERFECT SAFETY PROTECTION - The high quality smart cables have inverse current protection, short circuit protection, reverse polarity and overload protection, over-voltage protection; over-charge protection which means you never have to worry about damaging your car
  • PORTABLE AND COMPACT - EletecPro car battery booster comes packed with practicality. With its compact design it can fit easily in any glove compartment so that you always have it ready for emergency situations. Furthermore, it features built-in LED flashlight that is super bright with high-strobe-SOS three modes which offers you more guarantee on the way
  • 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED From EletecPro - We are confident with our Car Jump Starter so that you can rest assured to use. We offer you the full refund or a new replacement. If you have any question please feel free to contact us

Feeling this is so small it's not going to work, shut my gob it had no problem starting the car and it only used 15% of it's power reserves.

Weather killing the mood today but i had to at least test fit the seat rails and seats today.

Passenger rail fitted with perfect alignment

post-2-0-87357300-1514648759.jpg

Additional finger ready for the seat belt pick up point

post-2-0-58627500-1514648851.jpg

A quick test to get the seat centred but allowing for adjustment fore and aft... Relief the seat isn't to high or wide

post-2-0-90670700-1514648986.jpg

post-2-0-92860400-1514648997.jpg

Nothing set in stone yet because i need to ensure the seat can move in every direction once bolted down.

Thanks.....I'm itching to finalize the seats but i have the centre council waiting for the replacement leather handbrake, gear lever, gear knob and seatbelt buckle leather cover to arrive and fit so for now i think I'll fit the seats to the rails but leave the rails loose. I also have the Ferrari seatbelt shoulder pads to fit but once all done it should at least look nearer to the real thing. 

I needed to drill some holes in the rear of the universal seat rails. Getting the seat centred left/ right/ fore/ aft was taxing to say the least but once done and bolted down in the car I'm reasonably happy... The seat belt position is still bothering me but that's another job.

post-2-0-99817500-1514742314.jpg

post-2-0-13935200-1514742330.jpg

post-2-0-65825800-1514742342.jpg

post-2-0-67341200-1514742353.jpg

post-2-0-83022700-1514742363.jpg