selling my accord

Well, as some of you know my accord is up for sale, this is not a for sale ad, this is a post to highlight some of the jokers i have had...

I honestly cannot believe some 'people' out there.

1)

first man last week... phones me up and asks where i am located (even though it clearly states in advertisement), he's in liverpool, im in portsmouth..... still he seemed like he wanted MY car so offered £300 below asking price...

We then settled at £200 below asking price.. only for him to finish the conversation with:

"well its going to cost around £150 to get to you so lets call it £1700 (£350) below asking price..... :banghead:

I agree and he says he will fly down the following day.. take a day off work and sure enough.. no turn up.

call him up and he says "sorry mate thought your car was an auto"  :censored: :censored: :censored: , so  days holiday taken and this guy wastes my time with no sympathy.

2) I have another man state he wants to have a look... very similar to first apart from no contact, but thats usual in selling a 2nd hand car.

3) this guy has made me want to post this up.

he firsts offers me £900 which i laugh in his face over the phone and hang up.

He calls back a day later offering £1,350 again i laugh but ask him how he thinks £1,350 for the car is justified... he pulls loads of BS out of his backside and obviously knows nothing about the accord / build quality.

Im sure its the same guy then puts an offer in on ebay for £1,350... sure enough i reject and tell him to come and look at the car.

Im starting to wonder if its better trying to trade it in for £1800 ish.

I don't understand some people... I advertised my Lotus at 12k i think and then people were asking what will i take for it...... WELL 12k as said hence the price 12k, what part of 12k don't you understand!!

Spose this is where i'm stubborn, if i sell something then the price advertised is what i want, if you don't like the price then don't buy simple as that. I can't be done with this bartering lark.

Spose this is where i'm stubborn, if i sell something then the price advertised is what i want, if you don't like the price then don't buy simple as that. I can't be done with this bartering lark.

Didn't you sell both cars for under the asking price though?  :whistle:

I would never buy a car at the asking price, if the seller isn't prepared to knock it down I'll walk.

I would never buy a car at the asking price, if the seller isn't prepared to knock it down I'll walk.

When I bought mine I was fully prepared to pay full asking if required, but it's always worth asking for a bit off. As long as you are respectful about it and the price you offer is reasonable I don't see anything wrong with it.

I would expect most people to build in a bit extra to the price anyway as they expect to have to knock it down.

Didn't you sell both cars for under the asking price though?  :whistle:

Well ok you've got me there, i think both were £500 under the asking but they wanted much less and i wasn't having that.

not sure at the moment Tony.

I really need to save up before i can get another car. i would like an estate, merc or new accord BUT....

Now diesels have DPF's im not sure i want to own another diesel.. but they get great mpg and are reliable as long as you look after them, and road tax is cheap...

A petrol would be nice but, lower mpg, higher road tax... but they are ultra reliable without the need of a DMF or turbo.

I went around a few local car sales places today and the highest amount i was offered was £1300 :(.. most places took a deep breath in when i said it has done 153k miles... :(.

my biggest problem is now the insurance runs out in 4 days time 26th of the month, so it either has to go or i have to cough up for the insurance again.

in ll honesty, i should have pulled my finger out my backside a few months ago and tried to get rid then, but i was finishing off my degree then.. bah

Dpf's are getting cheaper and more reliable plus it's very easy to have them gutted and whilst is does breach mot regs it's almost impossible to tell if its been done well

My mate has just had his go on his BMW but it did last 136,000miles

not sure at the moment Tony.

I really need to save up before i can get another car. i would like an estate, merc or new accord BUT....

Now diesels have DPF's im not sure i want to own another diesel.. but they get great mpg and are reliable as long as you look after them, and road tax is cheap...

A petrol would be nice but, lower mpg, higher road tax... but they are ultra reliable without the need of a DMF or turbo.

I went around a few local car sales places today and the highest amount i was offered was £1300 :(.. most places took a deep breath in when i said it has done 153k miles... :(.

my biggest problem is now the insurance runs out in 4 days time 26th of the month, so it either has to go or i have to cough up for the insurance again.

in ll honesty, i should have pulled my finger out my backside a few months ago and tried to get rid then, but i was finishing off my degree then.. bah

There is still alot of car for the money with these Accords, I'm sure the right person would come along if you can wait.

This is why I got a petrol, my mileage doesn't warrant getting a diesel although 35mpg around town would be nice I just know I'm going to get issues with mainly doing local driving. The petrol might cost more in fuel and VED but I think in the long run it will work out cheaper than a diesel cos it doesn't need servicing as much and they seem more reliable.

What's your annual mileage, it can't be much if you cycle to work?

since the mrs has got the corolla my annual milage has dropped to 4k at most. hence why im getting rid! i cycle around 5k miles a year to and from work (as the shortest route) but that can easily go to 6k+ if i go a more scenic route.

since the mrs has got the corolla my annual milage has dropped to 4k at most. hence why im getting rid! i cycle around 5k miles a year to and from work (as the shortest route) but that can easily go to 6k+ if i go a more scenic route.

6k on a bike :o..... I wish i could do that, i mean i get out of breath if my nose runs.

6k on a bike :o..... I wish i could do that, i mean i get out of breath if my nose runs.

If I was fitter I could cycle to work, it is 'only' 5 miles but I would be a sweaty mess when I got here and I'd have to get up an hour earlier - I'd rather have my sleep! :D