selling my accord

Five miles on a bike isn't end of days though is it?

No it's not but the medication I'm on makes me sweat with no effort at all and I don't really fancy arriving to work like that, otherwise I probably would cycle.

I used to cycle from my old home to Watford Grammar some days, in blazer, cap and all that goes with it :)

The missus Dad used to cycle from home to Bushey Mill Lane, even when doing a 12 hour night shift but he can't do it anymore cos of health issues. It's a good way to keep fit though.

cycling the 11 miles to work takes me around 30 minutes.. if i take the flat route at 10 miles its just 26 minutes, if i take the longer route over the hill its about 35minutes...

if i cycle during rush hour, it takes 30 minutes, if i drive during rush hour... it takes anywhere from 40 minutes to 1h30min...

I'm pretty lucky and start work at 8am so I leave before the traffic starts building up - unless the M25 has been closed and the diverted traffic clogs all the local roads up!! If that happens I go through the lanes so it only takes 5 minutes extra.

Sorry Rich i didn't know you was on medication so i wasn't having a pop at you.....

I think a bike might do me a wealth of good in the get fit department but it will take time to build up any real distance. Maybe flat roads for a while then some gradients and then both adding distance over time?

I'm pretty lucky and start work at 8am

Not sure I'd call that lucky, I barely make it in for 9!  :lol:

I love the mornings! I used to work as a milkboy from the age of 11-18 and getting up at 4am was great, it's so quiet and peaceful. Besides if I started at 9am I wouldn't get a space in the car park and since they've made half the business park yellow lines it's murder around here now. Some people are coming in 30-60 minutes earlier just to get a space now.

Sorry Rich i didn't know you was on medication so i wasn't having a pop at you.....

I think a bike might do me a wealth of good in the get fit department but it will take time to build up any real distance. Maybe flat roads for a while then some gradients and then both adding distance over time?

Don't worry mate I know you weren't :) Summer is the worse and at work I have a fan on my desk just to keep me cool. Working with middle aged women means they like turning the heaters on, which don't help!  :rolleyes:

Tackling flat roads sound like a plan but don't over do it, don't want you passing out  :sad01_anim: Do you have any bridal paths around your way?

It's a bit hilly around here but nothing i shouldn't be able to cope with, within sensible reason... In truth i have to do something, i've had a horrible few days, so it's a case of get off the pot or go down the pan!