Wozza's Honda Accord ICE Thread

djwozza

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is everything in my install but probably missed something out...

Pioneer F-60DAB Head Unit/Sat Nav/DVD/USB

Alpine TUE-T150DV DVB-T TV Tuner

Alpine KRE-500E Remote Eye

Alpine KAE-210DV Amplified DVB-T Tuner Aerial

Alpine RUE-4143 Remote control 

AudioControl Epicentre with Remote

JL Audio 1000/1 Amplifier (Subwoofer)

JL Audio 300/4  Amplifier (Front stage)

JL Audio A-2150  Amplifier (Rear doors)

JL Audio 12W7-3 Subwoofer

JL Audio C5-650 Tweeters (Dash)

JL Audio C3-650 Component/Coaxials (Front doors)

JL Audio C2-650 Components (Rear doors)

JL Audio RBC-1 Remote Bass Controller

Pyle PLCM HONDA Infrared Rear Camera

Silent Coat 2mm & 4mm Multi Bulk packs

CCF Decoupling foam 9mm & 3mm

0awg OFC Power & Ground Cables

4awg OFC Power & Ground Cables 

0agw & 4awg Gold Terminals

KnuKoncept 0AWG Battery Terminals KBT-30 & BT-104 

KnuKoncept KNF-60 Fused Distribution Block

KnuKoncept KNF-36 Fused Distribution Block

KnuKoncept 8AWG x2 Subwoofer Cable

KnuKonceptz Krystal 4 Channel RCA Kables

Heat resistant Plastic Conduit trunking

Cost a fortune and some of it was second hand or re-used from my old install, but full retail prices would be utterly mental. I mean for starters the Head Unit was £1,000, the subwoofer & subwoofer amplifier would be almost £1,500, front speakers £500+, TV Tuner £210, it just goes on & on, but after the great feedback I got at Japfest at the weekend, it was worth every hour spent on the install & every single penny.

after the great feedback I got at Japfest at the weekend, it was worth every hour spent on the install & every single penny.

And even more importantly the audio pleasure it will give you let alone anyone else. Absolutely amazing install, fantastic work!

Hope you have it insured Wozza ;)

Good question, I think I remember my insurance saying it covers £1500 worth of audio equipment - that wouldn't even begin to cover this!

£1,500 would just about cover the labour costs at a dealer (if they were cheap). A good part about the install & the car itself is that it is pretty stealthy & doesn't attract too much attention, it doesn't scream "come & nick me" which was exactly the effect i want, no spoiler, no tinted windows and no huge Pioneer or Alpine stickers on the back window!!

Just had a quick tot up, retail prices just for the equipment without labour are over £5k  :sad01_anim:  :crying_anim02:  :o  :sad01_anim:  :crying_anim02:  :o  :banghead:

Luckily some things I have owned for years such as the Subwoofer (8 years and still running perfectly) 300/4 amplifier (7 years) TV Tuner (approx 5 years) and these items were at or around half retail as they were second hand (subwoofer was as new in the unopened box), so its not like I went out with £5k cash and just came back with this lot etc. 

What was it Scorps used to say? If it's got tits or tyres it's gonna cost ya!......

I'm still discovering new things this Pioneer head unit does. I was giving a demo of the install to a guy last night & going thru all the functions etc With Apple Car play I can actually vocally tell the phone who in my contact list to call & it does it.

Even more impressive is when I told the Pioneer to send him a text message, I dictated the message & it sent, straight to his phone in his pocket in the passenger seat. I didn't know it could do that! It's pretty cool & a very impressive thing to do on a demo.

If anyone else in SE London/Kent border wants a listen just shout me up!

• Like 1

I'm still discovering new things this Pioneer head unit does. I was giving a demo of the install to a guy last night & going thru all the functions etc With Apple Car play I can actually vocally tell the phone who in my contact list to call & it does it.

Even more impressive is when I told the Pioneer to send him a text message, I dictated the message & it sent, straight to his phone in his pocket in the passenger seat. I didn't know it could do that! It's pretty cool & a very impressive thing to do on a demo.

If anyone else in SE London/Kent border wants a listen just shout me up!

It's amazing what these new head units offer, the phone integration keeps getting better and better! Are those features easy to get to while going 70 down the motorway?

I mean I didn't pay that as those are current retail prices, & a fair bit has been bought secondhand over the years as upgrades, for example the 1000/1 I only paid £200 for yet new would be around £700, & it was an upgrade to the 500/1 that it replaced which I sold for £125, so only cost me £75 plus an amplifier I had owned for about 7-8 years to upgrade to something giving twice the RMS power.