Evolution of the Starlet

Bazza

Heres the wiring section that has been replaced:

SNC19237Small.jpg

Now safely tucked away inside some convoluted tubing:

SNC19249Small.jpg

The new centre console arrangement with everything set out in final positions. I believe that there are still 2 small carbon fibre plates to be placed on either side to hide the gold plate sections.

SNC19257Small.jpg

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How goes the pocket-rocket........

seems like if it could go wrong it has :rolleyes_anim:

i believe it may be ready soon

good news is....the garden is looking fantastic !!

:)

Oh dear..... On the plus side judging by the images of the burnt wiring you are lucky not to have a pile of ash!..... If you get bord now your garden is a feast to the eyes, mine looks like inner Borneo....... Fancy a trip to Hemel :rolleyes_anim:

Oh dear..... On the plus side judging by the images of the burnt wiring you are lucky not to have a pile of ash!..... If you get bord now your garden is a feast to the eyes, mine looks like inner Borneo....... Fancy a trip to Hemel :)

pile of ash ....mmmmmmm.........thats a thought ............got me thinking now :rolleyes_anim:

Oh dear..... On the plus side judging by the images of the burnt wiring you are lucky not to have a pile of ash!..... If you get bord now your garden is a feast to the eyes, mine looks like inner Borneo....... Fancy a trip to Hemel :lol:

pile of ash ....mmmmmmm.........thats a thought ............got me thinking now :rolleyes_anim:

It looked a close call in the gonna catch fire anytime soon department :)

Time to get you smiling again and enjoying the fruits of your endeavours :)

We spent most of today finishing it off. Sam is off on a road test and shake down now.

be interested in Sams opinions and any recommendations he can offer

lets hope he stops shaking soon :)

We spent most of today finishing it off. Sam is off on a road test and shake down now.

lets hope he stops shaking soon :)

I won't tell you what he said - give him a call tomorrow morning and find out. I think he's stopped shaking now :)

I'm in meetings all morning so I wont be at TDi Towers until around lunchtime.

lets hope he stops shaking soon :D

I won't tell you what he said - give him a call tomorrow morning and find out. I think he's stopped shaking now :)

I'm in meetings all morning so I wont be at TDi Towers until around lunchtime.

c`mon Sam spill the beans :)

Barrie is out all day :)

The car is actually very good, quite a violent power delivery for a fwd so it'll be spectacular for people to watch for sure :)

I think it will be just fine on the track in a "maximum effort" situation when accelerating hard through the gearbox using the top third of the rev counter.

Unfortunatley there is one small problem, the turbo compressor side appears to be poorly matched to the engines air flow and pressure requirments, the result is that at mid to high engine revs with less than full throttle the compressor gets repeatedly forced into a surge condition causing the engine output to pause and "shuffle", the car does eventually drive out of the problem but it's there none the less.

Below is a typical compressor map, pressure ratio is on the X axis and air flow by weight is on the Y, note the surge limit to the left

Map1.bmp

The solution would be to tone down the turbine side by having the turbine wheel modified (cliped) at the expense of more lag, or to replace the compressor side with one which is more suited to the relitively high pressure low flow style of this engine

The chassis dynamics are really quite good with a very balanced feel

its home :thumbsup_anim:

update and photos tomorrow

Whats it like barry ??? a bit savage im guessin ???? what was the final figure then ?? just under 180 at the hubs ??

you guess right :D

178 at the hubs which equates to somewhere over 200 at the fly

absolutely flys now, slight smoking problem though .......tyres !!

its home :thumbsup_anim:

Whats it like barry ??? a bit savage im guessin ???? what was the final figure then ?? just under 180 at the hubs ??

you guess right :D

Nice :) all i need now is a ride in it LoL

Me and Guilhem are gonna set up a mini meet when i pick my car up this could be the main attraction :)

its home :D

you guess right :)

Nice one Bazza/tdi.... Heathrow had you on radar today bazza (bloody low flyer's):thumbsup_anim: new rubber is waiting when you are ready.

proudly wearing the banner

post-7-1179954764.jpg

what a neat and tidy job

post-7-1179954780.jpg

all at work

post-7-1179954791.jpg

looks complicated

post-7-1179954805.jpg

took it out for a few test runs this evening, and the smile just gets bigger

pulls like a train, and then more, triple figures appear very quickly (private test track of course) :thumbsup_anim:

the idea was to take the car off the road and trailer it everywhere, however with 6 months insurance and MOT left, it has been decided to tax it for another 6 months, its just so much fun :)

heres a little movie ......fingers crossed it works :D

Starlet.mov