Evolution of the Starlet

Bazza

Tony are you still doing the geo's on the Starlet? I got the impression from reading above that Fensport set it up?

yes Tony is and it proudly wears the WIM badges

the only reason than Fensport carried it out was the fact that the car was at their premises in Cambridge and that they had overhauled all the suspension

for me to go up collect it, bring it back to WIM and then return it would have been a mission

also the fact that it was dropped off and picked up either side of the sprint events, meant it had to be ready to go

Fensport are not competition, in fact they do not generally carry out work on customers cars, their facilities are for their own cars, the work was taken on my car due to the fact I am good friends with the owner

Tony had taken the settings as far as he could go, but was limited as the cars parameters were at the limit

with a bit of drastic trickery the limits have been raised, and will now allow Tony to step further into the unknown :)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well another year has quickly passed

2011 was another year with the Toyota Sprint Series

the only improvement/enhancement was that the "Tart" now runs on racing fuel, allowing for less retardation and detonation, with a slight increase of power as well

only downside is its about £4.50 per litre and the Tart runs about 3-5 mpg !

as the saying goes "dont fix what aint broke" ;)

results of the years racing as follows:

round 1 : Rockingham

1st place in class B :D

hard charger award

overall 9th position

round 2 : Woodbridge

overall 8th position

round 3 : Barkston Heath

2nd place in class B :lol:

overall 14th position

round 4 : Cottesmore

overall 5th position

round 5 : Croft

overall 8th position

round 6 : Blyton

hard charger award

overall 3rd place (behind Jonny Milner and Adrian Smith in their 800hp monsters)

And on the complete series :

overall 4th position :D

so as you can see it was a fantastic season

sadly this year I am only doing a few select rounds due to having to have an operation at some point

:D

Absolutely stonking season :lol: Your driving confidence must have gone through the roof, i mean year on year your gaining better results with little real change to the cat, you need to pat yourself on the back.

thank you ;)

I do believe that you have to look at the car and the driver, you can have a good driver and a not so good car, and you can have a good car and a not so good driver, strangely they can both produce the same results !

I have always thought that I had a good car, slowly the car is giving me the confidence to become a better driver

the car has performed faultlessly the past year, no spins, no "off" moments and thankfully no breakdowns, not bad for a 16 year old car running over twice the power it was designed for :D