lexus gs 450h sport leaning

When i had problem with my silver is200, i just got in contact with lexus GB when i got no joy at the dealers, they came took it away for 5 weeks, left me a nice RX450h and sorted it all out. the main man was called Steve Settle (or something like that) but you will get reply from some one called Alex, they might have all changed now.

Well Here we go!

This is the first letter that was sent to RRG Head office regarding getting the car back, in November, for around the 15th time of it being in

First Letter 

Second Letter

Third Letter

The final phone conversation with Lexus GB regarding Lexus Bolton 

Ann from RRG's responce - They refuse to communicate with me any further so i had to go through lexus gb

Lexus gb response was we can not make dealerships see you or carry out repairs that is down to the individual dealerships. (what is then the point of lexus gb) They spoke to ann and i was offered £170 for cancellation of the contract and £125 for a machine polish. I have since cancelled the service contract myself with the underwriters and received £260.07 back (£90 more than rrg offered), i have also had quotes on machine polishing and this ranges from £350-£500

Happy new year RRG & Lexus

Lexus Carlisle. Sorry about that fella!

Well as you may know any claim for the car not being fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act would be against them. Have you written to them and copied them in on emails and letters? Have you offered them the chance to look at the car?

Your claim against RRG is really only possible not carrying out repairs correctly and I guess this would be initially via Trading Standards. Have you contacted TS?

I'm not a legal eagle - just been there done that a few times.

Think at this point a part exchange with a dealer who doesn't know you or the car may be the best solution ................

I've posted it on Lexusownersclub, and going to give RRG a few days to respond to the machine polishing prices.

Next step is watchdog, and start tagging Lexus GB and Bolton in this forum post, the one over on LOC and see what comes of it.

Lexus GB and Bolton IMO have been shocking. He has had a problem with the Stockport RRG branch before, so maybe its the full RRG group?

Problem with part ex is the amount he would loose, but is looking like an option. The car is going to Carlisle for a service, and have been forwarded all emails. It's the last thing they want since they have not done any repairs on the car . . . . 

Someone has been out, but seamed to be very friendly with RRG Bolton. So much so he walked right into the center principal's office and put his coat in there.

Where are Lexus GB based, as they offer no help over the phone in regards to complaints, as "they cannot force a centre to complete repairs or look at cars" 

• 3 weeks later...

Hes now contacted a managing director at either Lexus or Toyota and has had a response from them. I'm just waiting for the emails then i will post here.  Safe to say i think the car will be going within the next year, as the nearest main dealer is Chester and the car is based in Manchester . . . .

Lexus have basically come back and said we cant force any dealers to repair or service a car.

The letter also states "legally" that its only intended for the person whom its addressed to, hence not wanting to share the full letter.

He's sending it to Carilse for a service and is going to keep an eye on tyre wear, incase they have changed the settings outside spec to counteract the problem.  He's looking at possibly selling the car, for a pickup as hes just taken over a building company, but it won't be a Hilux due to Toyotas / Lexus failings regarding customer service, and not giving damms that he's had the Lexus brand for 10 years, over 3 cars!

Their hiding under a legal stone now "cowards"..... I think the entire episode has been a dire advert for Lexus UK and their leadership regarding the dealer. If one of our trusted centres acted like this we would drop them like a hot stone.

• 5 months later...

Car seams to be driving better after they fitted new tyres, but he's given up on it!

He suspects the geo or something has been altered to make it appear to drive better. They have fitted dunlop tyres which are a pile of rubbish in terms of road noise and grip.

Lexus uk and the rrg group have been absolutely diabolical in terms of customer service. So much so, he had traveled 47 miles to buy a toyota hilux outside of the rrg grouup . . . .