lexus gs 450h sport leaning

so you think it could be the above Tony. A possible problem with a sensor on the lower wishbone if there is one?

The car is now in again on the 28th Oct. lexus said they couldn't really feel anything but will start with another geo setup and have another look into the problem.

The tech also said the car needs to settle down once it has been down country lanes at a brisk pace but I think this is rubbish? they say they have never had problems with stuck actuators on the dampeners but again the car is going in.

I'm going to film the car from behind and inside the car, combine the videos so lexus can look at the footage to prove the problem does exist as bad as it is

• Like 1

I don't think this is a mechanical problem, it's got to be a sensor somewhere.

The car is thinking it needs to lean when it shouldn't, so it must be a sensor reporting the wrong information. Or otherwise an issue with the relevant ECU, but that would probably throw up some sort of error code.

Thanks parthiban its such a shame lexus say there is no problem. we're going to film the car on Sunday morning, one from behind showing the car and road, and one on the steering wheel and how the car is reacting then post the video here.

The leaning changes but always seams to be onto the passenger side, sometimes it can lean, other times its flat. We will also be measuring ride height from the floor to the centre of the wheel arch at various points aswell

Have you been able to spot any common occurrences that trigger it? Perhaps a certain speed/angle of road/smoothness of surface?

And have you taken out someone from Lexus in the car to let them experience it while you're in it? I had an issue with engine idle which they said was absolutely fine until I took the service manager out in my car with me and showed him exactly what the problem was.

the car is still under extended guarantee and this was purchased as the car developed the fault at 2 years old.

It all started after a creaking anti roll bar motor, and various bits that was changed. rpnderbouts or country lanes followed my straight line driving causes it , or sometimes pulling a hard left or right turn continues to make the car try to go left or right. should have a video to view tomorrow.

It basically wants to pull left most of the time, but this can be cured by some miles on a motorway,

took a video today but it's hard to see the internal of the gs.

just trying to edit the 2 videos together to see side by side but you can see at 4 points where the car pulls a hard right or left. car returns to lexus 28th Oct for one week. which includes a machine polish after using sponges which they was told not to wash the car . . . . ..

It's starting to read like there's an inherent problem with the 450H :huh:

It's only the Sport models that had this system, and it was a limited run for just the last few years and hasn't been used in the new model I believe.

So perhaps a system that wasn't tested very well, and then not developed further to iron out the issues.