So what next......If anything?

Tony

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not from what I've read, high teens if you'relucky, plus the mpg on mine seems to be improving now by quite alot ;)

Yep, sounds about right. I have a person at work with one they ended up selling because they couldn't keep it fueled, they were lucky to get 20mpg. Major maintenance is usually needed a lot sooner than piston engines too. I'm sure how it was driven makes a difference, but it's still not good considering. They are really good for wear supposedly if you are religious with the warm up and cool down cycles and keep fresh oil in it. But I don't know many people that would do this, especially the warm-ups and cool-downs.

2000 miles max is oil and filter or the blades will die.

That's rubbish mate I know someone with 60k on one , oil change every 10k and its cheap mineral oil unlike pretty much anything with a turbo which is expensive synthetic and 3-5k intervals

They are thirsty and use oil but cheaper to run than your last two cars

Monaro is about the only 'Musclecar' you can get that is RHD. After driving LHD though for the last 5 years it's not hard, but the bigger the car the harder it is to see if you feel the need to pass.

My V8 is RHD and 0.3 seconds quicker than even the Supercharged VXR to 62 mph :mellow: (VXR 500 0-60mph in 4.9 secs).

Monaro is about the only 'Musclecar' you can get that is RHD. After driving LHD though for the last 5 years it's not hard, but the bigger the car the harder it is to see if you feel the need to pass.

My V8 is RHD and 0.3 seconds quicker than even the Supercharged VXR to 62 mph :mellow: (VXR 500 0-60mph in 4.9 secs).

Just 'cause' it's a V8 doesn't mean it's a musclecar =P

What do you have?

Here you go Tony, these could be fun!

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/gt-86/toyota-gt86-gt1-d-4s-2012/807464

What do you have?

Wikipedia defines a 'Muscle Car' as " a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a large-displacement engine in it". It further asserts that the muscle car "was designed for straight-line speed, and did not have the "sophisticated chassis", "engineering integrity", or "lithe appearance" of European high-performance cars".

So I guess you're right, as my 5 litre IS-F doesn't fall into any of those categories :D

What do you have?

Wikipedia defines a 'Muscle Car' as " a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a large-displacement engine in it". It further asserts that the muscle car "was designed for straight-line speed, and did not have the "sophisticated chassis", "engineering integrity", or "lithe appearance" of European high-performance cars".

So I guess you're right, as my 5 litre IS-F doesn't fall into any of those categories :D

=) I wouldn't consider the IS-F a musclecar a good sport tourer =) Though the 'musclecars' today ride pretty good and have fully independent suspension. Buddy back stateside has a 2006 SRT8 Charger. For it's weight it turns pretty good, not as good as a lighter car, but still. On the other hand my Cousins 99 Z28 is like trying to decide when the you are going to get the best drift score! Same with my other cousins 79 Firebird with the 400BB, though at least she has no illusions that her car drives like a boat =)

My scenic is still not for sale - sorry.

What about a Caterham? Subaru?

I suppose the main question is what are you after? track day car? posing? drive to work & shopping but in a powerful car? 4 wheel drive? just you and passenger or will you need 5 seats?

Any idea yet or are you waiting for the spark to ignite your interest?

ttfn

What do you have?

Here you go Tony, these could be fun!

http://classifieds.p...-4s-2012/807464

It would need to be fun for that money :o ...... I think i want something that's twin turbo or supercharged :)

Tut tut tone - i am surprised this one hasn't come up : Supercharged MX5 :D i would say Mk1 but perhaps a Mk3 might be something for a bit more of a modern big car feel? I know going by your last 2 choices you would like something slightly bigger but i could see this being of use commercially as well as personally. People would look to what you are running and come to you to have the same perhaps?

outside of the obvious :P a Mk4 supra is a good choice...HOWEVER - If you want something unique (and prepared to go a bit off the beaten track) the Jap import Mk3 is a twin turbo (1JZ) so has the performance and the looks which are kind of similar to the lotus. These are quite rare however are great cars if you are into that thing. I had a turbo Mk3 and i always lusted after the 1JZ version - much better engine.

Do you want something a bit different?

I would say the IS-F does sort of fit the muscle car bill - it doesn't have great handling and isn't particularly precise but the engine is immense and sounds absolutely insane!

Could you fit in a lotus exige? That would be fairly awesome if it's purely a "fun" car.